Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Heheheh. I never liked tin-cups until I saw the ones from Kojima. Now I own at least five. I never thought I liked Tahitians until I saw keshi and the lighter colored T's. I never thought I liked ripples until I saw some of the amazing necklaces that our fellow PearlGuiders have. This site is dangerous.

Thanks so much, Katbran! I don’t purge my clothes very often. (Although I’m about due) I always find use for something even when it’s years old, all of a sudden it goes with something I just found. In other word, I have very full closets and drawers!

BritM, I love Kamoka and I love Kojima, and I love both your pieces!!! Lovely! That’s impressive you caught up on a year and a half of posts! I can’t imagine...:eek:

Beautiful blues and golds Jeg, very nice combination.
BritM, that tincup is spectacular. Today I did wear a Kojima Sarah inspired strand, she made hers in 2009....I post a photo soon.

My Sarah inspired strand.
_20190515_172022.jpg
_20190515_172007.jpg
_20190515_134601.jpg
It has all the pearls in it..white baroque south seas, white bluish freshwater keshis, bluish akoyas, grey tahitian drops, peacock circled tahitians, peach freshwater keshis, off-round copper freshwaters, pale pink freshwaters, pink greenish ripples, golden greenish south seas, vintage baroque akoyas, round tiny vintage akoyas and smaller white ripples. Like a pearl sampler.

Last edited:
Katbran- the Fijis and the earrings are stunning. Very classy.

Jeg, I just stop commenting because I run out of superlatives. I just sit back and enjoy the show!

I don't always comment, but love all the pearls, the ombres, tin cups, etc!

Thank you Charlotta, 2thdktr, 86C and BWeaves!

That looks like a fun strand to put together, Charlotta!

I taught an art lesson in my friend’s classroom today. A little risky wearing pearls in a room full of kindergartners armed with paint. :eek: I took them off when the paint came out. I wear Tahitians a lot, but I don’t take as many photos of them. I can’t take a snapshot of them like I can with my other pearls because they are finicky about the light.

Multicolor Tahitians.
524BF802-3CC5-4148-9315-35B61C06732C.jpg

E035CC0E-852F-4A16-A7B9-239C15B4CAD7.jpg

FC552503-4ED2-46CF-B0B9-89AE99AF7E2D.jpg

Thank you Charlotta, 2thdktr, 86C and BWeaves!

That looks like a fun strand to put together, Charlotta!

I taught an art lesson in my friend’s classroom today. A little risky wearing pearls in a room full of kindergartners armed with paint. :eek: I took them off when the paint came out. I wear Tahitians a lot, but I don’t take as many photos of them. I can’t take a snapshot of them like I can with my other pearls because they are finicky about the light.

Multicolor Tahitians.
View attachment 67153

View attachment 67154

View attachment 67155

Love them, Jeg, I am a Tahitian girl!! You look awesome in them!!

Gorgeous JEG! But then, I covet your entire pearl stash.

My dining room and foyer and garage are finally done after the pipe leak. They look like new. Unfortunately, they don't look like PEARLS, like I wanted to spend that money on, but that's OK. Now I just need a couple of strong men to move my dining room furniture out of the library and back into the dining room. I've bribed my brother with food, but he can't make it until next week.

So pearls. Yesterday I wore Mom's Lapis necklace with Freshadama pearls.

fullsizeoutput_cfa.jpg

Today I wore my mixed tin-cup with an ombre' Tahitian keshi drop necklace, and blue drop earrings, all from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_cfe.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d00.jpg

In honor of Mother's Day, me and Mom and her pearl earrings, circa 1959.

fullsizeoutput_8a.jpg

BW, I so love you're Mom's Lapis necklace, especially after you replaced the original pearls with the larger Freshadamas. And your Kokima mixed tin cups....Oooooo La La!!

Thank you!!! I like the Lapis necklace so much better with the Freshadamas, too. I think Mom would have approved.

jeg—gorgeous Tahitians! They look utterly splendid, and you managed to capture the colours.
BWeaves—those tincups, especially! "Be still my foolish heart!" ;) Plus your love of pearls looks like it's genetic; sweet picture. :cool:

Thank you 86C, BWeaves and CricketBug!

It’ll feel so good to get your house all back together, BWeaves. What a lovely picture of you and your mom. She looks so elegant! Love your ruffly bottoms, too!

Thank you Bweaves, 86Corvettegirl, Jeg. It is a fun necklace. Maybe not the most pretty one I own but it's fun to compare the pearls chape,color and luster. You twist it a bit and it's completely different. I can look on it for a long time and still find something new. Some pearls have memories from when I first started to collect pearls.
Very pretty tahitians Jeg.
Your Kojima tincups are really special Bweaves and a great photo on you and your mother.

Gorgeous pearls ladies!

BWeaves, that photo of you and your mother brought a tear to my eye. To those of us who have lost our mothers, it is these precious memories that keep our hearts strong. How lovely your mother was, and how fortunate you are to have inherited her love of pearls! And side note, I'm so glad you're back to "like new" condition after the leak!

2thdktr - Thank you very much... I'm loving the subtle colours!

jeg- I can't believe you wore those to Kindy class ! You are a brave woman .. with your gorgeous pearls and clothes..I think a HazMat suit was needed.

BWeaves - what a wonderful wonderful photo of your mum and little Weaver ! JP is right - the memories give us strength.
And I'm glad you have the work finished on your house - a painful experience. But its all new and gorgeous so enjoy !
The Lapis necklace - the pearls really add a nice spark... lifts the necklace up and makes it sing. And your tin cup..always a fav !

Back