• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Parrot Lady

Such a lovely bunch pearls and ladies.
86CG, your ombré strand is beautiful, but I think I like your green Tahitian strand best.
Katbran, i’ve never seen a Fiji strand in person, but they look great on you and as far as necks go, you’re looking good.
jeg, words can’t describe how beautiful that Kasumi strand is. I especially liked it with the flower link necklace.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you so much, BWeaves, battah, 86C, JerseyPearl, newberry, Katbran, CricketBug, and ParrotLady! I really appreciate all your wonderful compliments, and so glad you are entertained by my eclectic style. :eek:

86C, love those ombrés, and looks like you were ready to go out for dinner in style. You did a great job with your sons, too! It sounds like they are very close to their parents.:eek:

Charlotta

Beautiful stunning kasumis Jeg.
Your ombre strands are so nice 86Corvettegirl, how nice of your child to take you out for dinner.

86Corvettegirl

Thanks ParrotLady, Jeg, BW, & Charlotta! Y'all are all so sweet!

We had our share of difficulties with both boys & there were times they thought we were the meanest parents in the world. Now that they are experiencing life as adults, they now realize we weren't as dumb or mean as they thought we were. We are all very close now.

CricketBug

We had our share of difficulties with both boys & there were times they thought we were the meanest parents in the world. Now that they are experiencing life as adults, they now realize we weren't as dumb or mean as they thought we were. We are all very close now.
LOL! My father used to say that as a young many, he noticed that the older he got, the smarter his parents became. ;)

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks so much, Charlotta!

Change in pearls, change in weather...

Long strand made of Vietnamese Akoya from the Hong Kong show. Worn with a custom necklace from Kojima, made with SS golden and white keshi I sent them from the Hong Kong show. Large golden SS Kojima pendant hanging from the orbit clasp. Sarah’s team discussed this project and created the most versatile version. Two strands with open orbit clasps on all four ends. I can connect them, create lariats, and each one can be wrapped as bracelets.

795A44A4-4665-490A-B350-768E1BABA29C.jpg

Vietnamese Akoya and custom SS and Akoya strand
E6CC6114-3B65-4FD3-B753-BF27ED4CC1FE.jpg

I posted this photo when the project was completed, but it shows the individual necklaces.
1305AC14-0D32-4486-A5E3-F7E0F00DB709.jpg

Last edited:

BritM

It's been probably over a year and half since I've posted, and I've never posted much, and I've been catching up with this thread. I didn't want to post until I was able to view all of the beautiful pearls and styles. My husband calls this my "pearlnography".

But, I've caught up and now get to post a few photos. The first is a Kamoka pearl I wore yesterday, I got it some time in 2017, I think, maybe early 2018. The camera and/or my camera skills and the light don't begin to do this beauty justice, I just love it. IMG_20190513_204447088.jpg

The second, if I'm able to post more than one at a time, is a BEAUTIFUL Kojima tin cup which arrived a few days ago. There are so many things I thought I didn't like, until seeing others on this site wearing those styles/etc, then I realized how much I do like them. Oxidized silver is one of them, didn't think I'd like it, but on this necklace, I love it. Also, and I'm afraid you can't see them, are Tahitian kasha from Kojima I'm also wearing. Didn't think I would like Tahitians, and I love them, or keshi, and I LOVE these little earrings. IMG_20190514_202735827.jpg

BWeaves

Heheheh. I never liked tin-cups until I saw the ones from Kojima. Now I own at least five. I never thought I liked Tahitians until I saw keshi and the lighter colored T's. I never thought I liked ripples until I saw some of the amazing necklaces that our fellow PearlGuiders have. This site is dangerous.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks so much, Katbran! I don’t purge my clothes very often. (Although I’m about due) I always find use for something even when it’s years old, all of a sudden it goes with something I just found. In other word, I have very full closets and drawers!

BritM, I love Kamoka and I love Kojima, and I love both your pieces!!! Lovely! That’s impressive you caught up on a year and a half of posts! I can’t imagine...:eek:

Charlotta

Beautiful blues and golds Jeg, very nice combination.
BritM, that tincup is spectacular. Today I did wear a Kojima Sarah inspired strand, she made hers in 2009....I post a photo soon.

Charlotta

My Sarah inspired strand.
_20190515_172022.jpg
_20190515_172007.jpg
_20190515_134601.jpg
It has all the pearls in it..white baroque south seas, white bluish freshwater keshis, bluish akoyas, grey tahitian drops, peacock circled tahitians, peach freshwater keshis, off-round copper freshwaters, pale pink freshwaters, pink greenish ripples, golden greenish south seas, vintage baroque akoyas, round tiny vintage akoyas and smaller white ripples. Like a pearl sampler.

Last edited:

2thdktr

Katbran- the Fijis and the earrings are stunning. Very classy.

Jeg, I just stop commenting because I run out of superlatives. I just sit back and enjoy the show!

I don't always comment, but love all the pearls, the ombres, tin cups, etc!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you Charlotta, 2thdktr, 86C and BWeaves!

That looks like a fun strand to put together, Charlotta!

I taught an art lesson in my friend’s classroom today. A little risky wearing pearls in a room full of kindergartners armed with paint. :eek: I took them off when the paint came out. I wear Tahitians a lot, but I don’t take as many photos of them. I can’t take a snapshot of them like I can with my other pearls because they are finicky about the light.

Multicolor Tahitians. Shorter rope is from POJ, longer rope is from an Intergem Show.
524BF802-3CC5-4148-9315-35B61C06732C.jpg

E035CC0E-852F-4A16-A7B9-239C15B4CAD7.jpg

FC552503-4ED2-46CF-B0B9-89AE99AF7E2D.jpg