Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves - Your layers look fabulous and that Green Emerald Little h piece really pops on that burgundy. And the layers with the Mabe are beautiful. Mabe were certainly a thing back in the day - I think you are right and the 'pearl shrinkage' condition might just explain their popularity :) That pendant is gorgeous !!

Morella- love you new pieces ! Amazing colour !!

. . . and she really loved wearing them (in her best Alexis Carrington style)

Oh yes, Mom had a bunch of the large round mabe' earrings, and we sold most of them. They just weren't either my or my sister's style. Mom wore them alot during the Princess Diana days. I never cared for the style, but I just couldn't part with the drop shaped pair or the enhancer.

Ugh! Over 80 F today and humid. Digging out my sweatproof pearls.
The Swan and my blue drops from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_9ac.jpg

Yesterday it went from 40F to 75F. So hard to dress for both cold and hot weather in the same day. All the blues! And black and white Tahitian studs. Mom's sapphire swan.

fullsizeoutput_9aa.jpg

BW, your blues look awesome with your mom's Sapphire swan! It's in the 50's & raining here. Next week will be in the 40's so I get the dressing for the weather. Yesterday was shirt sleeve weather.

BWeaves, I love love love the colour combination you're wearing there and how you've matched the necklaces.

I am very happy that I finally got my preordered Heather Benjamin carved abalone shell necklace. It is a great match for my new earrings.
Actually Heather's jewellery (especially those gorgeous Impala earrings that introduced me to her work here on the forum, THANK YOU PURR!) has inspired me to get my own golden-chained "dynamic" earrings made. Please excuse the messy hair.

View attachment 63565

View attachment 63566

View attachment 63567

Oh Morella I LUUVVV you’re combo! Haha while the hawk and impala necklaces were my first purchase, oh I was tempted by and wanted those horn necklace! They are so versatile and goes with everything. Congrats on your adoption and please post more pics! :eek:

Goodness, BWeaves, you have some of the loveliest ropes.

Today for church I wanted to wear my vintage golden akoyas from Pacific Pearl, but then wasn’t sure I quite liked how the length looked with my blouse. Then inspiration struck! One extender clipped to the ends of the orbit clasp later, I got....

C4C03200-F5E9-4481-B23C-87D170E132D6.jpeg41B353CA-1BB8-4D32-BAC6-B1CBBA993CEB.jpg

...this look!

Look closely and one can make out the reflection of the houndstooth pattern on the shirt in the pearls.

Love the houndstooth with the pearls, and the longer length of the pearls.

I'm trying a different triple combination today. Tahitian Keshi Ombre' Tin-Cup and large ripples from Kojima. Pistachio akoyas from PP. And black and white Tahitian studs from Kamoka.

fullsizeoutput_9b6.jpg

And, new coin pearl and ruby ring from Kojima. I'm calling it the Flying Saucer. UPDATE: Per Andrew, I've renamed the ring Lily Pad.

fullsizeoutput_9ba.jpg

fullsizeoutput_9bb.jpg

Last edited:
Bonsava, lovely pearls!

BW, I really like the new necklace combination. The new ring is great!

I've branched out from my Tahitian obsession. I made my first purchase from Kojima and bought a rope of white freshwater keshi pearls:

Worn on the wrist:
IMG_7105 (2).jpg

In a moment of better light for a picture while in the box:
IMG_7108.jpg

Wonderful combination, BW. They all blend together beautifully. Lily Pad looks gorgeous!

Annie, your white keshi rope is so lustrous! You'll be able to wear that in so many different combos & styles.

BWeaves -
Loving your Kojima ripples! I was eyeing those myself! The camera shows them to be more pink than the glamour shot. Are they more multicolored in person? They are large and quite beautiful. Enjoy!

The ripples in my photo from yesterday are my old Kojima ripples from 2 Ruckuses ago. They are mostly pink with a bit of metallic green or copper in certain light. The new ripple necklace is from Pacific Pearls (Kojima's sister site) and it's supposed to arrive today, so I haven't seen it in person yet. I hope it is very colorful, like the glamour shots. I'll definitely shoot some comparison photos.

There be dragons and rice krispies. I usually wear him facing downwards. This is the first time I've worn him facing upwards. It's hard to get a good shot of his head.

fullsizeoutput_9bd.jpg

And Lily Pad and Mom's freshwater bracelet.

fullsizeoutput_9be.jpg

BWeaves -
Loving your Kojima ripples! I was eyeing those myself! The camera shows them to be more pink than the glamour shot. Are they more multicolored in person? They are large and quite beautiful. Enjoy!

I just received the Pacific Pearls ripples, comparied with my current Kojima ripples. Unfortunately the lighting is very bad tonight. I really need to compare these in daylight.

New pearls

fullsizeoutput_9cd.jpg

Old pearls

fullsizeoutput_9ce.jpg

New pearls (my baby pic for color comparison) I swear they looked better than this photo shows. They do not look like pondslime in real life. The dress I'm wearing is blue, because when I was little blue was for girls.

fullsizeoutput_9cf.jpg

Old pearls

fullsizeoutput_9d3.jpg

I'm not happy with the way the new pearls are strung, so I'll have to restring them if I decide to keep them.

Last edited:
I love that dragon clasp!!!
Your new ripples are lovely but it's really hard to tell the true colors with night lighting. Can't wait for daylight shots of them.
What is it about the stringing of your new pearls that you don't like. Are they too loose?

Such a cute babypicture BWeaves. I think your new ripplestrand will be great ones you've redone it. Love the combination of ripples, tincup and the pistachio akoyas. Very lovely ring.
Annie, those keshis looks great, the luster is so good.
I bought some goodies from the recent sales to. Since living in sweden postage takes TIME, also there is customfees and delayes. Anyway. This gorgeous pair of aubergine studs arrived from Oceanscove, 8 mm. Beautiful luster, the light in Sweden this time of year, not so much.
_20181205_122736.jpg
_20181205_122653.jpg
Also bought a pair of 11 mm champagne south sea studs from TahitiPearldesigner on etsy. Just beautiful.
_20181205_122950.jpg

I love that dragon clasp!!!
Your new ripples are lovely but it's really hard to tell the true colors with night lighting. Can't wait for daylight shots of them.
What is it about the stringing of your new pearls that you don't like. Are they too loose?

The necklace is strung tight. But the thread is thick and white, and the knots are big and lumpy. At the clasp the knots are fuzzy because the ends stick out. The clasp is too small for the size of the pearls. I'm super sensitive to how pearls are strung, so I'm sure the average person wouldn't notice, but it bothers me. I feel that the thread needs to compliment the color of the pearls. And a larger orbit clasp will lengthen the strand just a bit for better nesting with the my other ripples, and allow me to link this strand to my other ripples to make a rope. I've ordered some Beader's Secret in Rose and Taupe from Pattye, because I'm not exactly sure which color I'll prefer, but those two were my favorites with the multicolors of this strand.

So those are the main reasons for redoing the strand myself. I need to play with color, clasps, and lengths. I've looked at the pearls under magnification and they are gorgeous. No flaws, just surface texture. I could stare at them for hours.

Back