Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I love the thread color with those pearls. It really sets off the necklace nicely.

I don't think that they are rhodium plated, it doesn't say on the website 2thdktr.
Beautiful tahitians Pearldreams

Thanks for the mm, PD. The shortened version looks much larger to me than the original. Vision and its vagaries.
You managed the nesting very well!

Thanks Jersey Pearl for the recommendation.

Pearl Dreams-- love the navy thread and I responded to your msg.

Today, I actually got to wear some pearls to a continuing education seminar. I don't get to really wear any to work other than earrings as I am covered up in a white jacket and gloves, mask and surgical loupes all day.:(

But, here is a bubble bracelet and ring I bought from PP last year sometime along with a bubble rope bought many years ago, I think that was touted as flapper era, that I believe Hisano had designed. The ring is akoya, the necklace and bracelet are freshwater. Along with White South Sea studs from PP also bought many years ago.

I placed them on an antique linen handkerchief my late grandmother had made as part of her trousseau. She was from Czechoslavia. She hand monogrammed her soon to be married initials and also did the fine "window work" ( maybe BWeaves will know the name of the technique), where she removed threads to make the little windows and then had to stitch them to finish them.

Bubble ring and bracelet.jpg

Bubble necklace 60 inch.jpg

Bubble collection.jpg

Pearls on babi's handkerchief.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just now caught up on maybe 200 posts and can't possibly comment on all of them but gosh, I feel pearl envy and also a bit of guilt for not completing all these projects I planned to do. You ladies are an inspiration to fashioning better with pearls and creating even better designs that fit your lifestyle. I certainly need to learn your ways because as I'm typing, I have no jewelry other than my wedding ring, which I never take off. Of course, I'm at home doing laundry and cleaning, but you can never look too glamorous, right? Excuse me while I go find something pretty to wear around my neck! :)

Thanks for the compliments, ladies! So many of you are going to the Ruckus that this thread will soon be filled with even more beautiful pearls!

2thdktr I love it all, even the linen handkerchief!

Today was really too too hot for the amount of pearls I layered on, but I was having pearl rope withdrawal and needed a pearl fix quick.

The Everything Bagel rope from Kojima, worn double, with a Chinesese Ripple necklace from Kojima. And Kasumi and tourmaline earrings, also from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_7b1.jpg

And linen is on my loom. I'm trying to recreate some linen towels I saw in the Holocaust museum on the last day of Dad's trip last month.

IMG_5648.jpg

After seeing 2thdktr photos, I think my linen needs to be photographed with some pearls, too.

Attachments

• IMG_5648.jpg
    IMG_5648.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 19
2thdktr....I love your pearl bubbles & your grandmother's linen handkerchief. Her beautiful hand work compliments your pearls.

BWeaves....your everything bagel rope is wonderful with all the beautiful colors. What length is it? I swear....all these gorgeous ropes have really started a craving for me to get some too!

The Everything Bagel is 54 inches long. There's no clasp. It looks great not matter how I throw it on, because there's something different every inch. It's a combination of natural colored blue and pistachio akoyas, white and gold SS pearls in drop shapes, large smooth peach and purple Kasumi pearls, and rumpled Tahitian keshi from Kamoka. All strung together by Sarah from Kojima, with little rubber baby buggy bumpers between the pearls, instead of knots.

Lovely little chain, Charlotta! I love light blue stones, with pearls or alone. I bet you'll find that one pretty versatile as well!

PD, those are some more dreamy Tahitians - so lustrous. You could almost use those to check your reflection in a pinch from the look of those photographs. I'd be at serious risk of spending more time taking that strand off to admire it than I did actually wearing it, I think!

2thdktr, you've got a lot of beautiful pearls there, and I'm afraid I can't really give the ring and rope the attention they deserve for looking at that bracelet. I love, love, love, love, love that bubble bracelet. It's also so lovely that you have some of your grandmother's wedding trousseau - it looks like she was an excellent needlewoman.

BWeaves...I'm just going to stand here and study the shiny with magpie-like interest for a moment before just fervently admiring your weaving. Beautiful pearls and beautiful work.

For my own part, was convinced to go to dinner tonight. The original plan was Japanese, but upon reaching the restaurant, we found it temporarily closed - air conditioner failure! This resulted in a search for another restaurant, which was eventually settled on and my pearl bracelets - plural - worn during my visit to. A couple of freshwaters with blue baroque Akoyas and my lavenders.
Pearl Bracelets.jpg

I'm just now caught up on maybe 200 posts and can't possibly comment on all of them but gosh, I feel pearl envy and also a bit of guilt for not completing all these projects I planned to do. You ladies are an inspiration to fashioning better with pearls and creating even better designs that fit your lifestyle. I certainly need to learn your ways because as I'm typing, I have no jewelry other than my wedding ring, which I never take off. Of course, I'm at home doing laundry and cleaning, but you can never look too glamorous, right? Excuse me while I go find something pretty to wear around my neck! :)

I feel guilt not commenting often too. Love all of them, Pearls are so personal!!

2thdktr, your grandmother's beautiful handkerchief looks to be embellished with Hardanger embroidery. (an art from Norway that one of my grandmother's friends tried to teach me when I was a child... lots of counting threads and stitching)

Lovely pearls 2htdktr, that bracelet is especially Nice.
The Everything bagel rope is always beautiful Bweaves, really Nice with The kasumipearls. Those earrings are so pretty.
Thank you for your kink words Jesskat.
And I love your bracelets Bonsava

I feel guilt not commenting often too. Love all of them, Pearls are so personal!!

Me too. I wish I could comment on all the gorgeous pieces posted here, but I can usually just pop in for a few minutes to read and ogle.

My husband and I spent the afternoon at the Guilford Craft Expo, as we do most years. This is a juried craft fair.

I saw more high quality pearls this year than in previous years. Many were set with gorgeous gemstones. I spent most of the afternoon drooling. :rolleyes:

I took the cards of a few and encouraged them to join Pearl-Guide. Among them:

Steven Kolodny (with a colorful flameball necklace to die for!), www.stevenkolodnydesigns.com

Vicki Thaler Fine Jewelry, www.vickithalerdesigns.com

Britt Anderson Designs (no website on the card but he's on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/BrittAndersonJewelry/) -- GSS pearls or Tahitians with lovely overtones, set in strikingly beautiful pendants studded with diamonds.

Thank you, BWeaves,86Corvette girl, Bonsava and Charlotta!

BWeaves, your linen weave is a gorgeous color and pattern. And, your Everything Bagel rope is just fantastic.

Last edited:
2thdktr, your grandmother's beautiful handkerchief looks to be embellished with Hardanger embroidery. (an art from Norway that one of my grandmother's friends tried to teach me when I was a child... lots of counting threads and stitching)

Marianne! Thank you so much! I googled Hardanger but then I got to Drawn Thread Work....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawn_thread_work,
a form of counted thread embroidery.

I have so many tablecloths, table napkins and handkerchiefs and doilies that she made. Her father traveled, and brought back linens and silks and she did this marvelous embroidery on them. I never knew the name or technique. I can't wait to tell my sister. She has many of her pieces as well. I don't do a lot of picture posting, but when I do in the future, I think I will showcase her handmade pieces.

Back