Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Today was one of those rare days, when the perfect combination of excellent weather in Northern Virginia was met with no major tasks to complete. I wore my Kamoka pendant with Kamoka drops and Kojima strand which has WSS, tiny freshwater pondslime, and Tahitian keshi for the easy trip to the market and hanging out on the deck with neighbors.
View attachment 60815
View attachment 60816

All those pearls look smashing on you. They look as if they were destined to be worn together. Just beautiful SunSeeker!

Love that combo, SunSeeker!

JEG, I was drooling after your SOC tin-cup when it was on Kojima website, but it was so similar to my Tahitian keshi necklace that I couldn't justify buying it. I think yours is beautiful. I hope to see it in person at Ruckus.

I just found this on the Anthropologie Sale Page:

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/deborah-drattell-kitri-waist-belt?category=sale-belts&color=010

White leather belt with a cascade of faux pearls down the front. I would have been tempted to buy it for $32, but it's $329.95 ON SALE. For that price, the pearls should have been real freshwater pearls. I'm not even sure I like the look of that much froof on my tummy.

I do have some loose pearls laying around. Maybe I'll weave a belt and add some pearl embellishments.

Thanks, Katbran! They are little gold flying saucer shaped beads.
Thank you ! I kept trying to sort out what they were and had figured due to the regular shape they had to be beads of some sort ! They look great, I like to use a bit of gold to perk things up !

PD Those are such a gorgeous smooth shape.. they truly are dollops of cream !

Bonsava - Im sure you get a lot of wear out of the dyed Black Freshwaters !!
Charlotta - Lovely substantial Tin Cup !! Great circled pearls !! And those earrings are so cute ! Love the cluster !

BWeaves - Always elegant !! I love the Keshi T Cup !!!

Today was one of those rare days, when the perfect combination of excellent weather in Northern Virginia was met with no major tasks to complete. I wore my Kamoka pendant with Kamoka drops and Kojima strand which has WSS, tiny freshwater pondslime, and Tahitian keshi for the easy trip to the market and hanging out on the deck with neighbors.
View attachment 60815
View attachment 60816

Great pearls!!! Please post bigger pictures so I can ogle them properly ;)

E Cortez Pearl: 2010 Harvest
Matryoshka is the stunning Purple Doll shaped pearl on the left.
My wirewrapped earrings on, though a bit blurred.

Charlotta, your wirewrapped earrings look amazing on your ears. Like a bunch of pearly grapes. I love them.

Thanks Bweaves, they were so fun to make. And they feel soft, like silk somehow and not to heavy. The smallest pearls are mayby 2.5 mm and the largest around 5 mm. I have some really small akoyas left from the necklace, thinking of doing a really smallish wirewrapped choker with them.

Reborn pearls. Sort of like keshi, only reborn pearls are formed in the pearl sac of a cultured pearl that has already been harvested. They are very difficult to photograph for some reason. The orient on them is amazing, and they are 100% nacre. But they are sort of flat and navette shaped, and they are never angled at the camera quite right to catch their beauty.

The shape of these pearls is interesting. You can see the bulge in the center where the pearl nucleus had been inserted and removed from the previous cultured pearl, and you can see the slit into which that nucleus had been inserted. I've never seen anything like these pearls again.

The necklace and earrings are very light and easy to wear in the summer.

Best Cortez Pearl Necklace of 2017

Last edited:
PD, yes, I believe that’s their size. Thanks!

Charlotta, I’ve also noticed a lot of pearls - especially Tahitians - feeling ‘soft’/silky to the touch. Beautiful earrings - I think they’d wear really well with your stunning Tahitian tin cups!

BWeaves, if that photo doesn’t capture their beauty, one might need sunglasses to view them in real life!

Today is church day - in the South, or at least my bit of it, one may drape oneself in as many pearls as one likes and there are, so far as I know, no etiquette codes to even ignore! It was also lovely and cool - about 85 degrees, but with good strong cool breezes outside - so I layered a bit, wearing my silver spoon hummingbird necklace with my freshwater drop station necklace and long dangles I received a few days ago from my first order with Catherine Cardellini - white drops topped by two tiny metallic lavender pearls.

Cortez Pearl 2008 Harvest Earring close-up, natural light.

0A3B26DA-F258-4228-9B0B-EBF6557F6A91.jpg The ensemble, indoor light.

Bonsava: I love the hummingbird with the drops and the tin-cup, but something tells me, you could have layered on a few more. Seriously. Needs more pearls.

BWeaves, what doesn’t? Lol.

I considered adding my lavender strand and maybe one of the whites, but was concerned the lengths could result in scratches to the pearls from the hummingbird. In retrospect I should have gone with my 16-inch white, or hooked either my lavender necklace and bracelet and/or maybe my ‘Imperial lace’ white necklace and bracelet together to make matinee lengths....

Ask and ye shall receive....

Just for fun and to see how it would look, I added my sixteen-inch AAA white freshwater necklace (Pearl Paradise) and both of the ‘fauxinees’ I mentioned (lavender freshwaters from Pearl Paradise, ‘imperial lace’ from the Zales days). Then I added my pearl tassel necklace with flower filigree gold cap (Bloomingdale’s). And my seed pearl triple strand choker. And like the result!

Click image for larger version  Name:	D63E0AEF-DDD4-4B33-8209-D7B5C4763909.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	382470

ETA a correction to my Autocorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask and ye shall receive....

Just for fun and to see how it would look, I added my sixteen-inch AAA white freshwater necklace (Pearl Paradise) and both of the ‘fauxinees’ I mentioned (lavender freshwaters from Pearl Paradise, ‘imperial lace’ from the Zales days). Then I added my pearl tassel necklace with flower filigree gold cap (Bloomingdale’s). And my seed pearl triple strand choker. And like the result!

View attachment 60841

ETA a correction to my Autocorrect.

Fantastic look!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonsava wrote "Charlotta, I’ve also noticed a lot of pearls - especially Tahitians - feeling ‘soft’/silky to the touch. Beautiful earrings - I think they’d wear really well with your stunning Tahitian tin cups!"

I have to try that. Here in Sweden it's been so hot these last 2 months, around 25-30 C most days. Mostly I wear only earrings. Hopefully we will get some rain soon. Then I can wear my pearls again. And I love those earrings Bonsava

Back