Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Wow, Newberry, that necklace with the drop is stunning. I definitely wanted all the information about it, so thank you for giving it to us. That pendant is gorgeous, and I love the blossom setting. But it really looks "finished" with the wire wrapped necklace.

So, I'm curious. How do wire wrapped pearl necklaces "feel" compared to knotted pearl necklaces?

I like the silky, drapey feel of a strand of pearls, but I've never seen a wire wrapped strand in person, so I don't know how it feels.

Wearing pastel Tahitians from Pearl Paradise.

Pinctada radiata pearls -

Pinctada radiata pearls

Newberry - thank you for sharing the story - I love the story behind the pearl more than just the specs! That is one SPECTACULAR drop - most of the metallics I've seen listed are all around or below 10mm. More interestingly, the baroque akoyas have been pinked, and usually it shows when placed next to metallic whites. But your baroque akoyas look metallic white and looks like they were born from the same lot with the drop. That is some serious special matching! Will you be bringing this set to the Ruckus? I hope so! :rolleyes:

BabyNurse - lol not surprised you snagged that strand - I inquired about it too but was too late.

I feel like every time I see something in both Newberry and your collection I have to ping PP and ask oh oh oh do you guys still have more of those abc special sale from n years ago as seen on xyz. And sadly of course the answer is mostly no. :(

Beautiful Tahitians, Baby Nurse!

Newberry, it is a pleasure to see your tin cup again -- I own one of those strands and it is beautiful.

Purranha, the baroque akoyas have been in stock quite often over the last year, I think. The 9.5-10mm were quite discounted when they were introduced during the April Special sale, more than 20%. That said, I think they are still good value at their current price, because they look pretty round while worn, big and so lustrous. If I were you, I would wait for the 9.5-10mm size to be back in stock instead of going for the 9.0-9.5mm.

Purranha-- I totally sympathize. I know that feeling of missing out on special pearls! When I see beautiful jewelry like your transformers, I think "What a pleasure to see, how exquisite... and something I can never hope to own because there is no access to it here."

Tucs-- thank you!

BWeaves, it took a little hunting but I found the thread I was looking for.

Hanaleimom made this gorgeous pendant from the color-shifting pearls and hung it on that kind of enhancer.
I have been thinking of getting a similar enhancer for a long time, but in silver or gold filled. They do look so useful!

This is the thread:

Last edited:
Oh, Baby Nurse .... SIGH! Those are so beautiful !!! Many of us were on Jeremy's waiting list for those LOL. I love the way they look on you :)

Newberry, I wore my double nested white baroque akoyas at last year's ruckus, with their bracelet and now I've got 2 pair of earrings to match ... and it's all thanks to your advice ;) I just love your tin cup version ... how the pearls don't have chain between, just enough gold link to separate and highlight each and every precious pearl ... a masterpiece. And we LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing every word of your stories!

Pearl Dreams: Wow! Thanks for the photo and link. I love that grape cluster of a pendant. But I think I really like that enhancer I was eyeing, too.

Right, I'm ordering it when I get home. It will be a great way for me to wear my pearl earring drops even more often.

I wonder if La Perlagrina will fit on the enhancer? If it does, I could hang the Kamoka pendant off my Kojima strand. The pearls match in color and size, so technically it should look OK.

Newberry - thank you for sharing the story - I love the story behind the pearl more than just the specs! That is one SPECTACULAR drop - most of the metallics I've seen listed are all around or below 10mm. More interestingly, the baroque akoyas have been pinked, and usually it shows when placed next to metallic whites. But your baroque akoyas look metallic white and looks like they were born from the same lot with the drop. That is some serious special matching! Will you be bringing this set to the Ruckus? I hope so! :rolleyes:

BabyNurse - lol not surprised you snagged that strand - I inquired about it too but was too late.

I feel like every time I see something in both Newberry and your collection I have to ping PP and ask oh oh oh do you guys still have more of those abc special sale from n years ago as seen on xyz. And sadly of course the answer is mostly no. :(

We used the drop to find the best match from the batch of the akoyas strands. I will bring it for you to try on ;)

Wow, Newberry, that necklace with the drop is stunning. I definitely wanted all the information about it, so thank you for giving it to us. That pendant is gorgeous, and I love the blossom setting. But it really looks "finished" with the wire wrapped necklace.

So, I'm curious. How do wire wrapped pearl necklaces "feel" compared to knotted pearl necklaces?

I like the silky, drapey feel of a strand of pearls, but I've never seen a wire wrapped strand in person, so I don't know how it feels.

For me I don't think there is a difference in how a tin cup versus a strand feels when on. I really like how they look so I do have quite a few. I'll bring a couple of them for you to try on at the ruckus.

BabyNurse I'm curious about your oval strand as well. Also I love the colour of your cardigan.

Thanks Cathy, Kay, and kelluvpearls!

Yes, this is the strand from the blog. I will start a thread on it very soon.

Baby nurse - those pastel Tahitians are sensational. As a side note, I also love your collection of knits and cardigans!

I wondered if it was you who got it -- Jeremy said it was one of the regulars. I called about 20 minutes after the blog posted, but they said someone else had already inquired. I'm dying to try it on at the Ruckus if you don't mind.

Back