Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg, that is a fabulous Swing coat !! Love the color. :D

Your new CFW Kojima pearls look fantastic with the coat. They pick up the color and sparkle! Love the whole look and always you look beautiful !

What wonderful things to do with those gorgeous flower pearl brooches!

Thank you, AzFlyGirl, CathyKeshi, and LisaC! It’s really a true red, but the light from the windows washed it out a bit.

I bought this pendant several years ago when I went to a holiday show of juried artists in San Francisco. Worn with the Australian SS strand.
8854639F-CA23-44BF-AA1D-341B6F8BC757.jpg

83418078-BA08-4491-A581-D47DD73A53E8.jpg

That pendant looks fun Jeg, and the south sea strand is gorgeous, so lustrous.

A perfect combination Jeg; those WSS tempt me to search for a strand ... very special indeed!

Jeg, Those WSS with their amazing luster, are exquisite ! The look is brilliant !

Oh, my goodness!!! I've been away for a while & missed so much!! All I can say is so many beautiful Tahitians, Fijis, SS, GSS, keshi, freshies, & Akoya!! Such wonderful styles & combinations!! I'm so impressed. Keep those pics coming!

PS...Kanaloa was a big hit at the Christmas Party & on New Years Eve!!!

Happy New Year to all. Wishing you a very happy and healthy year !

So it would not be New Years Eve, if I didn't have to work !! Luckily I am able to get home in time to actually celebrate at midnight, and toast to 2020. It has been about a decade since I was last able to enjoy the day and night off, to celebrate New Years Eve at home or at a party with family and friends.

That being said, yesterday going into work, in my favorite photo spot for pearls, I took a nice shot of an oldie but goody I love to wear. It was my second T strand I ever purchased and is a bit sentimental. As I was getting ready to leave my house (hurriedly) it was the T strand within my reach. It is a Pearl Paradise strand of drop pearls, in a 'gunmetal' color. I wanted a darker color and it was true to the color I wanted. It has lovely luster and takes on different hues depending on the light and the color clothing I wear. I covet this strand, as can put it on with most of clothing, and it looks great. My go to......piece. :) Susan Selfie 31dec19 2.jpg

Last edited:
Last month was a pearl month for me. Unexpected, however thankful for all the opportunity of finding a couple of lovely strands. Adding two new pearls strands to my collection. I am excited to introduce them to my wardrobe and wear them in celebration!

First strand, from Pearl Paradise, their special sale last month. I wanted a GSS strand, and noticed that the lighter colors of gold, or those with green overtones did not look good on me. (Thank you Newberry and Red! You had me try on a GSS whilst at Kojima and helped me figure out the color gold best for my skin tone !) Whilst looking at the PP special sale on baroque GSS, I did not see one I thought fit. I called and Rebecca was game to figure something out. She and Hisano picked out a strand they thought would be to my liking. Indeed it is amazing !! The perfect baroque GSS strand in a 20kt color, a true gold on gold, and it looks splendid. I am thrilled with my purchase and would like to thank Rebecca and Hisano for finding me this incredible beauty !! PP Hisano GSS 20K strand 2019  1.jpg

PP Hisano GSS 20K strand 2019 2.jpg

A bit later, Cees posted a beautiful array of multi-colored Ts . I had been wanting a dark jewel toned multi-color T. I asked Cees to pick one out he thought would be close to what I wanted. Walla, he picked out the perfect strand. Off round, dark multi color with beautiful jewel hued colors. I was smitten, it was a no-brainer !! So I took the plunge. I would like to thank Cees, for his spot-on eye in finding me a brilliant jewel tone T and in finding me my favorite clasp. It is perfection !! Geweldig ! Dank u wel meneer. :)
Cees December 2019 T strand 1.jpg
Cees December 2019 T strand 3.jpg
Cees December 2019 T strand 2.jpg

Last edited:
And a Happy New Year to you, AzFlyGirl, and thank you for your service to the traveling public. Wonderful strands and those are beautiful new Ts. Your GSS photos did not upload, so I'm hoping you can reload them. I adore helping people pick out pearls, and I'm happy you put up with me and Newberry back at Kojima this summer. It is great to take advantage of looking at strands in person to help develop our taste.

Wonderful goldens and Tahitians! I love the colors of the last Tahitian strand in particular.
Neck shots of both, please, when time allows!

Red, Do not know where those photos disappeared to after an hour of being posted and seen? Just uploaded strand pics again ! Funny they showed up for while, then pooff. Hope this time they will stay !

I appreciate the time you and Newberry took to help me with my pearls. The info you gave me on GSS color was spot on. Having adorned me with a beautiful Kojima GSS, and seeing how the color was not becoming, was a great lesson. I ended up purchasing the CFW metallic necklace Newberry adorned me with, when at Kojima. I call it my Newberry strand, as a compliment to Newberry's exquisite taste :D

Stay warm in the 'cold white north', and safe as I hear it is icy. I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful pearls in post.

Last edited:
Thank you, Pearl Dreams !

Indeed I will post neck shots, soon. I took some quick photos in my home today, as it was not a bright sunny day, so the lighting was a little better. (not my usual airport employee lot, where the pearl lighting is oddly so much better!) I am a bit under the weather with an illness that will not go away. I barely have a voice, even after 2 weeks. I was told that the flu and this virus are rampant in AZ right now. :(

Last edited:
Oh my, AzFlyGirl, those two strands are spectacular! And the shapes on your gunmetal Tahitians are lovely. What a wonderful pearl collection.

Thanks so much Charlotta, CathyKeshi, SydK, BWeaves, AzFlyGirl and 86C! :eek:

AzFlyGirl, your golden strand and Tahitian strands are fantastic!! Beautiful choices!

AzFlyGirl, your new golden south seas and tahitian pearls are stunning. So beautiful.

Just catching up on your lustrous pearls ladies. Sydk- how did I miss the pineapple pendant you created or your lovely bracelet? So beautiful.

Lovely new additions to this thread by Jeg, AZflygirl and Charlotta. :)

Back