• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you Charlotta and BWeaves!

BWeaves, the colors of your ripples are really shouting out today. That shawl is my favorite of yours.’

Bcm21mk

Gorgeous pearls BWeaves. And to think you had early misgivings about the luminescent strand. Glad you came to your senses.:)

Marianne

BWeaves, that explains it. They have been experiencing blizzard conditions over there. I have over a foot of snow and now freezing rain... This has been going on for over a week (unusual for our area). Not bad if you are in flat terrain, but we have steep hills everywhere!

SydK

Those pacific pearl ripples are especially glorious. Love the unique scarf and tunic. Just beautiful. And olive is such a great colour as a background for pearls.

BWeaves

Olive really is the perfect background for pearls. I discovered that quite by accident, and now I've been searching out olive tops, but they're hard to find for ladies.

Charlotta

Your weaving is just beautiful Bweaves. Lovely combination with the ripples, quiet luminous those. I still haven't worn my ripples, they are so big (13-15mm)...must wear them soon (but I look at them sometimes).

BWeaves

BW, if you don't mind me asking. what are the mm size of the two necklaces?

I'll have to go home and measure them.

UPDATE: I don't have calipers, so I'm trying to eyeball it with a ruler.

The Kojima strand (shorter, paler strand) is 13 mm for the center pearl, and only slightly smaller for the others.

The Pacific Pearls strand (longer strand) is 15 mm for the center pearl with 12 mm pearls next to it. But most pearls are in the 12-13 mm range.

They're all baroque, so it's a little hard to get a precise measurement. They're way bigger than I thought I would ever like. And then PSS set in.

Last edited:

jeg

Traveling Pearl
I barely got dressed today after spending the morning shoveling snow. We’ve had four different snowstorms blow through and it’s snowing again right now. I have never seen so much snow here in my life!

Wearing another wool sweater and my baroque Akoya strand from Kojima, doubled. It’s really not that cold, just enough to snow, but typical temperature this time of year is in the 50’s.
B99AC0AD-331B-4DF0-AAEC-52745F66DBD5.jpg

aerinha

I redid my self made harvest strand it add in pearls from my PP harvest bracelet today. I took out the large white edisons that I wasn’t thrilled with (bad pairing with SSP to my eye) and used keshis from the bracelet.

Before
E7183234-08D5-4250-9AA7-283B5B276B48.jpg

After
C990FB56-454E-4169-8368-0F29A6394B23.jpg

BWeaves

JEG, you truly are a Flower Fairie! I love that sweater and the pearls.

aerinha, your harvest rope looks lovely.

Last edited:

Bcm21mk

Jeg - I love your baroque akoyas. Their luster is quite luminous. Your sweater is beautiful too and shows off the pearls just beautifully.

86CG- cant't wait to see pics of your new baroque akoyas!! Did you get them from PP?

86Corvettegirl

I'll have to go home and measure them.

UPDATE: I don't have calipers, so I'm trying to eyeball it with a ruler.

The Kojima strand (shorter, paler strand) is 13 mm for the center pearl, and only slightly smaller for the others.

The Pacific Pearls strand (longer strand) is 15 mm for the center pearl with 12 mm pearls next to it. But most pearls are in the 12-13 mm range.

They're all baroque, so it's a little hard to get a precise measurement. They're way bigger than I thought I would ever like. And then PSS set in.

They're beautiful, especially worn together. I like the size; are they comfortable to wear? I've been looking at the Kasumi ripples in those sizes. Thank you for the measurements.

Last edited:

86Corvettegirl

Jeg, I love your sweater & your baroque Akoyas!! How long is it? It just glistens & glows! Your sweater looks comfy. You really are the Pearl Flower Fairie!!

Aerinha, I think your custom harvest strand is spectacular!! How long is it now? So many styling possibilities with it!! You did a wonderful job. Are you going to add a clasp to the bracelet or make it into a stretch bracelet?

Bcm21mk, I can't wait to wear it!! I have a wedding to attend this Saturday so I may wear them then. (if I can wait that long) Yes, I got them from PP.

aerinha

86C I Added all but 2 pearls from the bracelet to the rope, taking out the 4 edisons so it is roughly the same length as before, will have to measure it.

Bcm21mk

(Bcm21mk, I can't wait to wear it!! I have a wedding to attend this Saturday so I may wear them then. (if I can wait that long) Yes, I got them from PP.)

86C-
I too purchased the 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas from PP private launch! I regretted missing out the first time they were offered. They're due to arrive on Valentine's Day.

86Corvettegirl

86C-
I too purchased the 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas from PP private launch! I regretted missing out the first time they were offered. They're due to arrive on Valentine's Day.

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see yours as well. I regretted missing out on them the first time, too.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you, BWeaves, Bcm21mk and 86C! 86C, the Akoya rope is 48”.