• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Marianne wore a strand of long Tahitians. The short strand is made up of Kamoka pearls she had collected over time.
D0B6524F-6A4F-4A98-A092-11A7046C18E2.jpg

290DC778-4E68-4386-B56C-74938773BEA7.jpg

And here’s her show and tell! All SS temp strands. They were so beautiful! Can’t wait to see what she does with them...
818F381B-9F5E-4B44-BD60-7E91E4B82147.jpg

CFFE5F95-E1D5-494A-82A0-A9210453B6C2.jpg

DD296295-4EA6-4DAA-9255-522D194EFF7B.jpg

Red

It does read flower fairy to me, jeg. All pink and ruffly. Wonderful styling.

Great Tahitians, Maryanne. Love the SS show and tell. Do tell what you do with them, please.

86Corvettegirl

Jeg....loving your red fairy look. Marianne looks lovely in her Tahitians. I can't wait to see what's created with those SS strands, either!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks, Red and 86C! I kind of like flowy dresses and skirts in general.

Marianne’s SS’s were so pretty. All slightly different shades of white. She had three Kasumi pearls, too, but the lighting wasn’t so great in the photo I took.

Charlotta

Jeg, the red combination is beautiful. The charms are lovely and that champagne south sea strand is beautiful on you.
Marianne, the kamoka tahitian are beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with the tempstrands.

BWeaves

I love that amethyst pendant.

And Marianne's long T rope. Goals!

Today is Sunday, cold and blustery. PJs, cosy sweater and TNT. Garnet studs in a very fuscia color seemed to match.

fullsizeoutput_ae4.jpg

JerseyPearl

While it may be cold and blustery outside today (thankfully without any snow!) this thread always makes me warm and fuzzy.

Jeg, I absolutely love your style of dress...very bohemian chic!

And for those of you of a certain age...my daughter's just recently informed me that wooden soled clogs are seriously back in style for spring. These apparently, are the "it" clog of the lower east side (according to oldest daughter) https://no6store.com/collections/shoes-no-6-clogs I'll let you know what I think when they arrive.

amti

How interesting about the wooden clogs, JP. The young ones will be clonking when they walk. When I was younger, we also wore Dr Scholl's with a wooden base. When I clicked on your link, it said Something about Sixty and was offended since I'm still 57. I need my eyes checked because it said SIXY... no T. :rolleyes:

So fairy like Jeg! I keep looking behind you to see if there are wings. I like your pendant with the shells. I used to do things like that in high school, but I guess as I've aged, I have forgotten some of my simple creativeness.

Marianne, You have to show us what you do with those ssps!!! And the closeup of your pearls really shows how beautiful your rope is. It's holding its own against the wonderful Fijis!

BWs you look so cozy and the strand adds a nice touch of dressiness! It was cold here today too and I lounged around all day in minky pants and a minky robe. Did you weave your sweater? I love how warm it looks and love that button!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you, Marianne, Charlotta, BWeaves, JerseyPearl (what a nice compliment) and amti!!

BWeaves, you look so cozy comfy today! I need to keep some pearls on my nightstand...

Amti, I haven’t sprouted wings... yet! I love making charms and jewelry with the seashells and seaglass I find.

Today was all Kamoka. Two Kamoka strands and a Kamoka ring.
CB614BE0-365A-4AED-9421-B16B27B4249B.jpg

Kamoka ring from Ruckus 2015
ABCAD1A6-9BC3-4894-B544-FAA4E834BD70.jpg

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Forgot to mention, I haven’t seen too many clogs around here yet. Probably because of the weather. I got a kick out of the Adidas Superstars hitting the streets a few years ago. I wore them all through college and then some, but the girls didn’t wear them then. I had to buy them in the little boys department.

86Corvettegirl

Went to a bridal shower today so I wore triple strand FW pearls, Akoya strand with Barbara Bixby blue topaz Amazing Grace cross, & SS/diamond earrings.

Attachments

• 20190121_004155.jpg
    20190121_004155.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0

Luvglitz

Jeg, love your Kamoka strands and ring. I have to admit, I look forward to seeing what you are wearing with the pearls.

86Corvettegirl, that’s a very striking necklace and pendant.

JerseyPearl

Amti, you are too funny...but they are No 6 like in number 6...not a zero to be found. And I too wore Dr. Scholl's exercise sandals.

Jeg, my kids laughed (actually made fun of me) when I bought a pair of superstars...they were laughing until I pulled out a photo of my 10 year old self, wearing them with tube socks and culottes while strolling around in Disney World ca. 1971 (We got to go to the "pre-opening"). And my mother was ever so stylish walking around in her very wide leg trousers with very high platform shoes and patten leather red hand bag.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Lovely layers of Akoya 86C!

Thank you, Luvglitz- my range of clothes is as varied as my pearls! Thank you, Bcm21mk and 86C!

Haha- JerseyPearl, I have photos in my Superstars with knee high tube socks, too. I played a lot of basketball back then, and those were about the best court shoes before Nike hit the scene.

BWeaves

My mother wore wooden soled clogs with a perforated leather upper in the 1960s when we lived in England, and I wore Dr. Scholl's excercise sandals in 1970 when we moved to America. Lately I'm more of a felted wool clog with cork sole wearer, but I'd wear the wooden ones again as long as they have lots of toe room. I refuse to break in shoes any more or wear anything uncomfortable.

"Stay Sixy." I think they're making a pun on Stay Sexy, not Sixty.

I did knit my sweater. It's my own design. I'll try to take a fuller photo of it later. It's naturally colored Shetland wool, grown from sheep that live on a small farm in Indiana.