Show Me Your Fancy Color Metallic Freshwater Pearls!!

IMG_2913.JPGIMG_2914.JPG

After an agonizing six week wait for them to arrive, my Edison pearl strand from Kongs arrived today. They're a lighter color bronze than I had hoped for, but they seem to go with everything in the closet and may be my new favorites.

Hooray, they arrived! Lovely shape and luster, and I can see how the colour will be neutral and match everything. Congrats!

Lovely pearls. You'll have to give us neck shots when you get them strung.

I strung them before bed last night and popped the thread just as I was knotting the last two pearls. Grrrrrrrr. They were a joy to work with, so I'm not too bummed to have to start over.

Last edited:
I feel for you. That happens to me a lot. Everything goes well until the last 3 pearls. I usually have to walk away for a day and then come back fresh the next day.

So glad they finally arrived, Parrot Lady. They look beautiful with sharp luster. Can't wait to see them worn!!

I restrung them this afternoon. I held out two pearls to make earrings, making the necklace 17-inches. The pearls are 11-12mm. A neck shot required more effort than I was willing to put forth, but here they are against a light olive green sweater. Pearls really do love to hang out on green.

View attachment 65434

Attachments

• IMG_2917.JPG
    IMG_2917.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 59
Love 'em - and bronze & green forever! Nice work.

I am very fond of large multi colored ripples, and BWeaves yours just glows with rainbow colors.

Yesterday I knotted a strand of 4.5mm purple cfw to wear with my giant comet pearl from Kojima. I had nothing to hang it from other than a gold cable or a heavy gold rope chain. I'll think twice before I knot small pearls again. I spent a lot of time with a pearl reamer trying to enlarge the holes on the beginnig and ending pearls so I could get the thread through them to finish. Still, the knotting at the beginning and end is a hot mess.

IMG_2918.JPG

Yesterday I knotted a strand of 4.5mm purple cfw to wear with my giant comet pearl from Kojima. I had nothing to hang it from other than a gold cable or a heavy gold rope chain. I'll think twice before I knot small pearls again. I spent a lot of time with a pearl reamer trying to enlarge the holes on the beginnig and ending pearls so I could get the thread through them to finish. Still, the knotting at the beginning and end is a hot mess.

View attachment 65494

I just love this look. Reminds me of vintage with the smaller pearls with a splash of modern by adding the comet pearl. Really beautiful.

Back