Shook them up a bit!

W

WeeGem

My pearl studs and dangles, that is. There's a wonderful website of crafters that make and sell their wares, and I found a fantastic lady to do something different with earrings that I already own. I am thrilled with the results!

First are the FW lavender, peach/pink, and white studs from PP.

The lavender studs were re-worked into these dangles made of sterling silver and sapphire rondelles.

Attachments

• Lavender2.jpg
    Lavender2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 25
The peach studs were made into sterling silver dangles. The inside of the cups are embossed with 24kt gold foil.

The white studs were made into two separate rings, both silver. One plain, the other with 24kt gold foil on the outside.

Attachments

• PeachGold.jpg
    PeachGold.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
Ring with gold foil

Attachments

• GFring2.jpg
    GFring2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 36
FW button studs set into bezeled dangles. Love these!

Attachments

• buttons3.jpg
    buttons3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 34
And my lovely Pure Pearls baroque Tahitians were set into these elaborate dangles with labrodorites.

Attachments

• Tahitian2.jpg
    Tahitian2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 36
Thank you Caitlin! These won't be 'everyday' earrings for me, so I'm going to have her do bezeled studs for me as well. Her work is very detailed so I can't wait to receive them and inspect them up close.

The best part of having something custom made is you will never run into someone wearing the same thing.:) The artist is very creative. I like the organic forms, especially the plain silver ring. What a great collection!

Congratulations:)
Blaire

What great recycling projects. They came out really well. What are the studs going to be like, just plain bezels?

Thank you GemGeek! That's what I like about the designer too, a lot of her pieces are very flowy and organic looking.

Casey, the bezels will basically look like FW button dangles, but without the dangle :D. There will be a couple of shiny polished pairs and the others oxidized. I'm also getting a pair like these done too:

Attachments

• cups.jpg
    cups.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 35
jshepherd said:
The ring is such a unique, beautiful design. A set with matching earrings and a pendant would be something else!

I wholeheartedly agree. Thank goodness it's not right in front of me, or I'd fork over the rent money!;)

Cheers,
Blaire

jshepherd said:
The ring is such a unique, beautiful design. A set with matching earrings and a pendant would be something else!

Necklaces too. Issey Miyake (I think) 'Moon Phase' comes close in concept. :(

You are right... something else.

Back