Shikoku Pearls?

jhornbach

Hello! I recently recieved a gorgeous pearl necklace that still has original tag attached. It reads Shikoku Pearl No 65226. Also has a tag stitched around necklace strand which reads Made In Italy R.N. 59478. I have scoured the internet and cannot find any info except where Shikoku, Japan is.... anyhelp would be greatly appreciated! Jacqi

Hi Jacqui, and welcome! Has anyone gotten back to you yet, maybe PMd you, or have you found what you need to know on the web somewhere?

It could be a trade name, either wholesaler or a retailer. Shikoku is just where akoya pearls are farmed, unfortunately. It is likely that the strand is a Japanese akoya strand, but the name doesn't really tell us any more information.

Thanks Jeremy! I understand why one might think it's a kind of pearl, since it also carries the tag Made in Italy.;)

It's wonderful to have the help of experts!

Jacqui, do you have pictures you could share (white background, normal range and close ups taken w macro setting, natural indirect light if possible) and sizes in mm of the pearls? Sharing pics is fun and helpful.

Last edited:
Back