ShecyPearlJewelry.com Experiences?

I think a search will pick up a few more negative mentions. They exaggerate- to say the least. They have also been lacking in other scruples. They take pictures from other people's sites and brazenly use them on their own site. They are nasty spammers.

Pearlluna is not to be confused with pearllunar. They are two different companies.

It is always risky to buy from China. Chinese salesmanship needs to be translated twice. Once from the original language and once for discerning what is actually for sale. :p

After all, as Richrd Wise once told us, the Chinese think good green jade is "Heavenly Blue" Plenty of room for error when translating that, unless you know your jade and enough about China to tell what it is.

Lol! I've been working on figuring out where to go in China (my previous thread about going to China talks mostly about this), but in the process I've been looking at some of the Chinese sites and emailing them-I was shocked by an email I received from Shecy stating that for one round freshwater pearl the price has reached $250-$350. Enough said.

Shecy What?

Shecy What?

I tried to do some business with Shecy last September but didn't find their "wholesale" prices to be anything like reasonable. The website was glitchy too.

Thought I would post this, as it seems kind of incredulous given the information written here about everyone's experience with Shecy Pearls. I am in Shanghai ATM, and asked concierge to write (in Mandarin) the addresses of a couple of pearl wholesale markets I intended to visit today. (for the taxi drivers)

As he started to write, he asked if I "wanted to buy pearl"? and proceeded to tell me that they have a preferred pearl "market" (which kind of just means shop) to visit - got out the brochures etc, and it was Shecy Pearls!! Does this mean (I am sure it does) that the bell desk guys would get a kickback from Shecy for any purchases? I thanked them for the information, but asked him to continue to write the addresses I wanted.... wonder how many unsuspecting tourists get ripped off on recommendations like this?

Sadly, just not enough hours to go and "expose" them - but it would have been fun!!

Will tell you about where I DID go later..

Back