Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

Beautiful, @BWeaves! On my screen, it looks like you could also pair the two darker studs, and the two lighter ones if you were so inclined. Three pairs for the price of two! ;)

I thought of that, too! But I probably won't. The new pair is actually a bit bigger, but that wouldn't be noticable. Luckily, the backs on the new pair are yellow gold and the backs on the old pair are white gold, so I'll never mix them up. Unfortuately, I bent the posts on the new pair when pushing them through the paper towel for the photo. The gold is really soft, so I'll have to be extra careful with them. I don't think they'll travel well.

Here's the glamour shot:

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 8.27.29 PM.jpg

Last edited:
New items on the Specials page. Purr....there's another pair of those souffle earring up for grabs!! Some cool rings too!

New items on the Specials page. Purr....there's another pair of those souffle earring up for grabs!! Some cool rings too!

Lol I saw that too! Unfortunate I don’t like this one as much. Plus they used more gemstone so price is higher but I don’t think that added much to the piece... so gonna pass on this one... :(

Lol I saw that too! Unfortunate I don’t like this one as much. Plus they used more gemstone so price is higher but I don’t think that added much to the piece... so gonna pass on this one... :(

I feel the exact same way! This I can pass on, whereas I'm a little sad to have passed on the last pair...

I just wish that PP would take the time to take a quick photo of their pieces on a real person. I would like to see the strands on someone's neck or those souffle earrings on someone's ear. Especially when there are 5-10 similar strands of edisons or goldens or WSSP, how it looks on the neck can make a difference when deciding which to buy.
I am sure it is more time and money to do so, but they do have a photographer on staff, I believe, and any employee can model them. I am sure it is as much time and expense to ship back all the items that you were unsure of and needed to see in person. I know that personally, extra pictures help me decide and I tend to keep those pieces more often. Just my opinion.

I agree, Purr & BAS, I liked the first pair better. I bought one of the 17+mm pearls for a special project I'm collaborating with Sheri on so I'm passing as well.

2thdktr, I know what you mean. It does help to have mod shots to peruse when making a decision to purchase.

I like to at least see a strand on a display bust. I want to be able to see how it hangs, with the center pearl positioned in the center. Seeing a strand laid flat on a table is not as helpful for me.

I like to at least see a strand on a display bust. I want to be able to see how it hangs, with the center pearl positioned in the center. Seeing a strand laid flat on a table is not as helpful for me.

I agree with you ladies - 86c and 2thdktv too - a photo or placement on a bust would be VERY helpful in deciding our choices. Reducing returns would make all parties including PP happy.

Question: Would the Edison studs (12-13mm) be heavy? Does anyone here already own a pair?

Just weighed some 11 mm studs, they are 2 grams each. South Sea 12 mm drop is 3 grams. Remembering how much the volume increases with each mm, 13 mm would be noticeably heavier. Ennui, do you know what your ears will tolerate? That weight can vary greatly from person to person, as others here have commented previously.

ennui, I had a pair of 14-15mm edison studs, slightly button. They were very heavy. I could wear them, but my ears would ache after a long day. I couldn't wear them for 2 days in a row. After a while I gave them to my sister.

Thanks, pattye and Charlotta. That's kind of what I was thinking; I have some 11mm WSS, and they seem heavy by the end of the day.

Totally agree.

I agree with you ladies - 86c and 2thdktv too - a photo or placement on a bust would be VERY helpful in deciding our choices. Reducing returns would make all parties including PP happy.

That would a great solution!

I find that seeing a piece on a real person gives me a sense of scale. Ideally, I'd love to see it on a normal sized person and not a model (mainly because models are often so tiny that what looks huge on them looks much smaller on a more moderately sized person), and under natural light, not ideal light. That really, really helps me know what it is that I am buying. It would probably save money in the end as it would probably reduce a lot of returns (and shipping costs).

There are real-size display busts but I don't think many people use them. It's true the small ones don't show scale well.

Back