Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

I got goosebumps looking at those Hanadamas, Andrew. Your mom is one very lucky lady!

BAS, the 55 looks like it was made for you! It's a beautiful strand! So neat you and Red could exchange pearls and find the perfect homes for them. Would love to see the finished pendant, Red. I love how all your designs end up flattering the pearls so nicely.

Halcyon, that cherry T strand is going to be hard to photograph. Someone on PG (Lillyfuzzysocks, you?) has a cherry strand that is hard to photograph but is so amazing in person. It's really hard to capture the orient with such reflective mirror surfaces.

I'm glad PP added individual photos of the ombre strands. They are really beautiful and I wish everyone would buy them up because they are so tempting! I'm looking at getting another car in the next week or so, and new tires for another car... and the dreaded property taxes need to be paid. :p

You look stunning in Red’s pearls, BAS ... perfect on you :)

Wow BAS your Burgundies are STUNNING!!! Haha it is making me question my choice of bronze strands! ;)
And I absolutely LUV how the swap between you and Red and now everyone ended up with the right/best pearls!

DAMN Andrew - your mama is going to be so spoiled lol Gem grade Tahitians and natural white hanadamas - you don't kid around! You have one lucky mom!

My bright green circle pearl ring from Kamoka arrived today, and what a beautiful green beauty it is. I've been looking at it for months but convinced myself that I didn't need it since I don't wear the rings I've got, but their sale convinced me otherwise. It needs to go to my jeweler to either be sized down or have speed bumps added to it to keep it from spinning on my finger.

kamoka ring

Nice swap BAS and Red! That worked out well.

Red and ParrotLady, your Kamoka rings are gorgeous!

And gorgeous strands as well, Andrew and Halcyon.

The swapping and trading continue!

I use my WSS strand as the measurement for the most amount of weight I'm comfortable with:

white South Sea strand

VIP055 and VIP057 together weigh:

natural color dark edisons pearl paradise

Therefore, I can not wear them together. VIP055 looks better on my neck so, drumroll please, VIP057 will be finding a new home on baby nurse's dear neck! We have "sister rings" (souffles), "sister earrings" (little hisano darling dangles), sister long and short tin cups (souffles and baroque silver/blue akoya), sister "torsades" (twisted strands of various pearls Hisano designed for us) and now we will have "sister Edison strands"! Crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so cool to see pearls being bought/sold/traded among the "family." - I'd bet 10-15 members on Pearl Guide own more pearls than most entire suburbs. (I'm only half joking, too)

VIP055 looks better on my neck so, drumroll please, VIP057 will be finding a new home on baby nurse's dear neck! We have "sister rings" (souffles), "sister earrings" (little hisano darling dangles), sister long and short tin cups (souffles and baroque silver/blue akoya), sister "torsades" (twisted strands of various pearls Hisano designed for us) and now we will have "sister Edison strands"! Crazy.

I'm sure the 57s will look amazing around baby nurse's neck. That woman was born to wear pearls.

This is actually a better idea than my first thought when I saw the scales, BAS. Which was to shorten the 57 to the exact allowable total weight, and sort of use it as an extender for the 55 when you wanted a longer strand. I'm sure someone would have taken the extra pearls off of your hands. This would have been a bit of a waste, especially since we now get to see 57 photographed by the best pearl photographer around.

Last edited:
I'm completely dazzled by all these gorgeous pearls, especially the deep burgundy, purples and reds! WOW, amazing beauties! Having a strand of natural color "red" pearls has always been my dream, and may yet happen in my lifetime, so I better start saving up! Halcyon and BAS, great colors on you both! Purr, enchanting strands together.

And the Kamoka rings, totally intense colors!!

Congratulations, Everyone!

It's so cool to see pearls being bought/sold/traded among the "family." - I'd bet 10-15 members on Pearl Guide own more pearls than most entire suburbs. (I'm only half joking, too)

Oh, Andrew, you made me snort when I read this! It's no joke! (Thank you so much for sharing the link with me. )

So, after wandering from Distribution Center to Distribution Center in LA for a week, my Lantern finally arrived last night.

My first thought was beautiful, and then my eye befell a nacre flaw which I had a passionate negative reaction to. I like a clean skin and evenly distributed nacre. Here was a white ring:

12-20-18 1 The Flaw.jpg

I foamed at the mouth via text with baby nurse who patiently listened to my mounting annoyance at the white ring and at the prospect of returning the pearl. At one point, I sent her a picture of a super subtle flaw and her response was, "It's very beautiful from that angle." Then she said, "It has a seductive shape." Harumph.

Then, my pearl friends, I put the devil on. I'll cut to the chase. I wore it to sleep. And I do NOT wear pearls to bed!

Pearl Paradise South Sea pendant with Edison
12-20-18 6.jpg
12-20-18 3.jpg
12-20-18 4.jpg
12-20-18 5.jpg

So I went from passionate annoyance to passionate love.

Baby nurse, thank you for holding my hand during this fraught initial meeting of my seductive lantern. Which I've fallen in love with. Smile.

BAS your new pearls are just exquisite. I'm glad you are keeping them. SO enjoy and if you decide all of a sudden they are not for you I will happily find a very good home for them in my collection. They will have many friends to welcome them ;)

WOW! I'm so glad the trading & swapping worked out for everyone. I have no doubt that BN will look beautiful in the 57 strand!! And as faas the GSS pendant, that's the one I wanted so I'll take second chair behind newberry if it ever needs a home!!

ParrotLady, your Kamoka ring is just beautiful!!

Oh BAS I adore that lovely lantern ... so glad Baby Nurse helped you through that ... it looks stunning on you dear❣️

Back