Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

My Vietnamese Blue Akoya arrive this evening & I am very pleased with them! They are much bluer than the 9.0-9.5 Japanese Akoya I bought from PP back in June. They blend wonderfully with the 38" blue akoya rope I recently bought. I'll post pics tomorrow when the lighting is better.

I'm a bit confused regarding the new VIP selections to be revealed. I watched Jeremy's video when he talked about the T's, Hanadamas and the Freshadamas. I commented as directed and received a code for a strand of 7.5-8 mm Freshadamas only. Now that link to the video is gone. Did anyone else get a code for Tahitians or Hanadamas or is that "to come" slowly through the month of December?

I didn't get any code at all :( I know it said to comment for the code but also that it would be sent out to VIPs. Have been out of town. Just as well - not that I need to buy more pearls right now. :D

I'm a bit confused regarding the new VIP selections to be revealed. I watched Jeremy's video when he talked about the T's, Hanadamas and the Freshadamas. I commented as directed and received a code for a strand of 7.5-8 mm Freshadamas only. Now that link to the video is gone. Did anyone else get a code for Tahitians or Hanadamas or is that "to come" slowly through the month of December?

I didn’t get a code. Was is private messaged to you on facebook?

Having met most of the players at PP, I think it is a bunch of big-hearted, hard-working people trying to keep many balls in the air at once. I expect that codes and items will show up when they show up. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the VIP private launch, my new Tahitian pearls, and especially this thread.

Having met most of the players at PP, I think it is a bunch of big-hearted, hard-working people trying to keep many balls in the air at once. I expect that codes and items will show up when they show up. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the VIP private launch, my new Tahitian pearls, and especially this thread.

I couldn't agree more! and the PP staffs are preeeetty sleep deprived these days over the various holidays specials and VIP sales!

Mia emailed me today and said that my photo of the Tahitian strand that PP posted on Instagram caused a "social media storm!" -- and also that PP is now putting up the few remaining strands from the same batch of Rikitea pearls that my VIP strand came from. Sooo.... if anyone ends up looking... It would be great to see another Rikitea strand end up in a P-G hand. :) Side note - I am not sure if Rikitea is an origin designation alone? Anyone have any information/articles on Rikitea as a name that they can pass along?

(I also told Mia again that I'd be glad to be hired by PP for photographs and paid in pearls).

The three Rikitea strands are now on the VIP Launch site.

Andrew, Rikitea pearls do indeed come from Rikitea, on Mangareva in the Gambier Islands, which are the southernmost/easternmost islands in French Polynesia. See this map on the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Polynesia#/media/File:French_Polynesia_relief_map.svg

The farmers there tend to leave the pearls in the water longer than usual and they can have very thick nacre as a result. The pearls also tend to be on the smaller side, and have vivid colors. See this thread for some photos of crazy-thick nacre:
Something for Nacre Nerds ...

There is a lot to read about Rikitea on PG if one uses the Search feature.

Edit: My link to search results is just not working. To search, click on the magnifying glass icon at the top right of the page, then choose the tab "search single content type", enter keyword "Rikitea" and search for either threads or posts containing this word.

Last edited:
Whoops! My finger just slipped on the Kojima website and I accidentally bought a 54" ombre' keshi rope.

Purranha, I’m confused lol ... are your strands bronze, burgundy or one of each? Thanks!

Cathy! I have two bronze strands and here are their descriptions:
medium bronze body color, and varying tones of green and pistachio
deep multi-shade bronze body colors, and varying tones of burgundy and maroon

So yes the second darker strand is very multi-toned and looks a little burgundy-ish, which I love!

Aw Purranha you know we love pearl shrieks :)!!! LOVE the new Edisons. I keep wondering how those bronze tones would look with GSS ...

Haha as per your suggestion Cathy, I tried the pairing today. I'd have to say I still prefer the new metallic edisons with the monster ripple edisons. But I have super strong inertia when I like certain pairings, I'll wear the same set for a long time before I switch.

So I forced myself to go with the edison and GSSP combo today lol. But I'll probably switch back to yesterday's pairing tomorrow!

Pearl grouping of Edisons, ripples and golds

Pairing Pearl Paradise exotics with gold South Sea

Back