sample sale purchases

seoulite

Community member
Hello,

I went to this closed sample sale of a wholesales shop last Saturday.

As pearls are not very popular in my country, there are only few pearl shops (retail/wholesales) and one of the wholesales had
sample sale and those who signed up to go were allowed in.

I got these earrings for 110 usd (14k gold)
KakaoTalk_20190514_105805068.jpg

they had so many loose pearls in zipper bags..
so I matched these 3.. Tahitian (each 25usd)
and 12mm white ssp for (each 35usd) from baroque category

KakaoTalk_20190514_105806023.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190514_105805359.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190514_105805704.jpg

I thought of buying this already matched pair for 280usd but passed as I didn't bring that much cash (they only took cash).. but I keep thinking of them...
sigh

KakaoTalk_20190514_144212658.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190514_144201446.jpg

This would be like being a kid in a candy shop, for me! That's unfortunate for you that it was cash-only, Seoulite. Who carries so much cash these days?!

Seriously, you did very well! I like the shapes and luster of the threader earrings in particular.

Seoulite, those threader earrings are beautiful & you did well matching the Tahitians. What great choices you made!

I really like those earrings! I echo everything said about the pearls!

Beautiful! I really like those threader earrings, and look forward to seeing how you set the loose pearls.

I would have enjoyed that sale, too.

They look fabulous Seoulite. I didn't know S. Korea isn't big about pearls, I actually might be moving there at the end of the year! I guess, the closest huge gem show would be in Hong Kong then.

They look fabulous Seoulite. I didn't know S. Korea isn't big about pearls, I actually might be moving there at the end of the year! I guess, the closest huge gem show would be in Hong Kong then.

Hi abi, welcome to korea! will you be coming to seoul or other cities?

closest gem shows are Tokyo, kobe ones as they are only 2hrs away from seoul. (hk is about 3.5hrs flight)

traditionally, Koreans think pearls as 'tears' and avoid them while young age as they think it will bring tears to their life...but
it's changing!!!

yes pattye, they are half drilled.

I tried with the posts I have but the holes are larger than needle(?., I don't know what to call them) of the post so it keeps falling off.

Well done, Seoulite! You chose some gorgeous pearls! Are the pearls all half-drilled? If so, you can add findings easily.

Thank you everyone! I will post again once I'm done with these pearls!

I was told they will have another sample sale in September with more Tahitians .. so I better save my cash!!

Lovely choices, Seoulite ... treasures for a lifetime. Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing your pearls ready to wear, and what you find in September :)

Back