Requesting Thoughts: Two Pins With Varying Luster, Do You Recognize Hallmark?

Kimberly22

Hello Group,

I'm attaching images of 2 pins. The heart has a hallmark that I do not recognize. Also, the pearls have no holes and appear so perfectly shaped, I'm guessing they must be cultured. The pearls measure approx. 3mm.

The little lapel pin is gold, but has no markings, however, I notice the luster is not as nice as the heart pin. The pearls measure approx. 3 mm.

Do you have any thoughts you would be willing to share regarding either? Both items are thrift finds.

Thank you ever so much! - Kimberly

Attachments

• pin0.jpg
    pin0.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Pin1.jpg
    Pin1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 30
  • pin4.jpg
    pin4.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 36
  • pin5.jpg
    pin5.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 35
  • pin6.jpg
    pin6.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 32
  • pin7.jpg
    pin7.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 35
  • pin8.jpg
    pin8.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 33
  • pin9.jpg
    pin9.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Kimberly,

Two very nice finds! First, the "pin" with the 3 pearls and white metal is called a pearl shortener. The end is blunt so it doesn't poke a person. There is room for 2 strands to fit side by side. It can also be used to hold 2 strands of a rope to keep at the length you want, because sometimes they can shift. Yes, both items look like cultured akoya pearls.

The heart pin is delightful, and the pearls very lustrous. Sorry, I don't recognize the mark either.

Kimberly,

Two very nice finds! First, the "pin" with the 3 pearls and white metal is called a pearl shortener. The end is blunt so it doesn't poke a person. There is room for 2 strands to fit side by side. It can also be used to hold 2 strands of a rope to keep at the length you want, because sometimes they can shift.

Thank you, Pattye! Oh my stars! I would not have guessed that! Even the man who tested some of my gold pieces called it a lapel pin!

Back