Newbie With A Beautiful Strand Requesting Feedback

Even though today is the "return" date reflected in my GIA account, my pearls are not ready. I called today to get a status report, but there is nothing to report... except they are not finished with them yet. Boo. So I wait. But, in the meantime, I picked up a few more pearls on a sterling chain and will post images in a new post to see if anyone knows what there are. They are not special, unfortunately.

a gia test is probably not needed on them, as these are natural pearls sadly the value is not so big, because size is quite smalll, I got two like this since I started pearl collection interest, the clasp is very ,ice, would get one like this!
I found antique advertisments and this kind of clasp is pictured and priced on them (US from early XXth)

a gia test is probably not needed on them, as these are natural pearls sadly the value is not so big, because size is quite smalll, I got two like this since I started pearl collection interest, the clasp is very ,ice, would get one like this!
I found antique advertisments and this kind of clasp is pictured and priced on them (US from early XXth)

Do you have a reference for the antique advertisements? I would love to see that. Thank you!

Jeremy was correct! My pearls are indeed natural. I don't have the full pdf report yet, as it was just updated on the website today. We'll see what news tomorrow brings. :) Thank you all for your feedback and input. I appreciate it immensely.

Congratulations, Kimberly22! Can't wait to hear more details. Natural wild pearls are a rare treasure no matter what the size; yours are lovely. It's my dream to have a strand of naturals someday :)

Congratulations. I need to start looking in vintage stores.

Great news. Congratulations, Kimberly22! Ahhh I need to go to a thrift store as well.

Wow! Congratulations!!! It's like finding a needle in a hay stack. I'm so happy for you!

That is amazing! I've had some pretty good thrift store finds, but nothing in this league. Congratulations!

Thank you all for your kind words! My pearls arrived back home today. The final word from GIA as promised: The pearls are natural, near-round, saltwater from the species Pinctada. The color is cream and they range in size from 2mm - 5.57 mm. The diamond is transparent, near colorless, brilliant marquise cut.

I'm off to find the next treasure. Thank you ever so much for your feedback.

Last edited:
That's just wonderful, Kimberly22 ... Congratulations!

Back