Red Nose Pearls

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
Every two years here in the UK there is held a Red Nose Day. Organised by Comic Relief, a show biz charity set up some years ago by comedians, this year the big day is March 13.(see http://www.rednoseday.com/)
I've made up these pearls to raise some money - donation to CR for each one sold.
I hope you'll note the rare and valuable Lop Noor I've used (and the red silk)!

Last edited:
Who would have dreamed how much mileage we've gotten out of the dread Lop Noors?! :D

Think about calling the local TV stations. They are always looking for "color" coverage and your necklace could promote your business.

very novel idea, how lucky you are to have a good source of lop noors.

But you know onepearl(dot)com would say you are infringing on their patent - although I wouldn't worry about that ;)

I was just joking as if someone could patent something like that - cute idea with the necklace Wendy. :)

One Pearl's copyright or whatever it is is only valid in the United States, I believe, so Wendy is free to copy her heart out.

this necklace is nothing like theirs anyway.Even if the law applied here it would not be an infringement as the pearl is central, not off to one side like theirs, so I am not copying anyone or breaching any design rights or anything

Cute necklace Wendy, and good luck with the fund raising :)

I checked Onepearl's offering, and am not keen on the off centre design myself.

I like the contrasting look, however, the stone has to be in the centre of a strand.

I re-strang 2 strands recently, both CFWP, one white and one black, and added a contrasting Tahitian and White SSP respectively, and am very happy with the result :)

DK :)

How terribly generous of you to make such a donation from your small stash of the rare and elusive Lop Noor pearls!

Nice necklace Wendy, have you done it with white silk or thread as well? I would like it better that way, the red between the whites is drawing too much attention to the knots IMO. Otherwise very nice thought...

I think you are right, Jerin. I made one of those many years ago and gave it away. I looked good in my head but when it was done, the red knots with white pearls looked off. Now I see why, too much attention to the knots. You're absolutely correct.

Back