Quahog Pearl?

mjbbond

SSP1SSP2 Quahog Pearl - Oval shaped/symetrical over 5/8" long purple in color with bands of different shades of lavendar. Can anybody try to help me understand its potential value? Thanks

Attachments

• 2013-02-07_07-39-00_284.jpg
    2013-02-07_07-39-00_284.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 2013-02-07_07-51-04_970.jpg
    2013-02-07_07-51-04_970.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
HI
Please post photos. We don't see that many quahog pearls, so having a record of them is priceless to us. There is a bit to be said about valuing them and this one sounds huge and lovely!

Hi
Thanks for your reply and input.
No the clam was not cooked. I have added a couple of pics. :)

I believe it is a quahog pearl and one of the most interesting I have seen. Everyone who tries to sell them way overprice them. That ring has been on Kari's site for years, unsold. Others have joined the category since and they are way over priced. I put them all on my watch list. Some sold round on eBay a few months ago for $200-$400. The one that is left on eBay has been there for years and nary a bite at 7k or whatever they are asking.

Yours is not round and round seems to be the standard, but it is unique and gorgeous. I personally think it is more desirable than a round.

Thank you for your input. Like u have commented, it does appear to be unique as I have searched and have been unable to find one like it. :)

hey great find prices are what someone is willing to pay i bought some on ebay and there are always more bidders so there is a market so thats good

the ones on kari have been on there for a really long time so probable prices a little to high

I agree with dmj, kari's prices are sky high. I recently purchased 2 quahogs for less than 200, no cracks and great color too.

My guess would be around $200-300 dollars for the pearl, it is only a guess though or at least that's mostly likely what I would pay for a similar pearl. If it was a deep purple with a more even coloration, it would probably receive a higher value.

Back