Practical suggestions needed

brightyellow

Hi lowly beaders?
I started to use this forum to get the info about pearls, but and up creating pearl jewelry by my own?(special thanks La Corsetiere for the inspiration)

Right now I am working on the set: earrings, necklace and a starch bracelet.
Whatever I do the bracelet don?t came out right. I hope some more experience beaders will give me a hand.

I have lovely FW keshi pearls (5mm, side drilled). Would like to make stretch, several strings bracelet. I have redone this bracelet number of times so far without any good result.
Questions:
1. How to calculate the right size for the string?
The wriest size 6 ??, one (flat) string comfortable bracelet 7?
2. How to bring strings together?
I have about 5-6 strings. Can not find right spacers/dividers (use antic bronze for rest of the set).
So I try to twist them.
3. Antic bronze or antic brass wire ? were I can find it?

Hi BrightYellow,

Welcome to the forum. Not sure where you could find that kind of spacer. I probably would make each stretch bracelet separately, about 7 inches each . Knot the elastic, glue, cover with a small crimp cover bead, that will close over the knot, and look decorative. OR find a small antiqued bead with a large hole, knot the elastic, and add glue, slide the bead over the knot. Do this for each bracelet.

That way you could wear as many bracelets as you want, or mix them with other bracelets for versatility. The crimp covers are available in gold fill, and 3mm which would blend with the antique bronze or antique brass. Also can more easily find the small beads in antique bronze or brass.

Bead shops most likely will carry the bronze/brass wire. Other places to check on line would be FireMountain.com, Artbeads.com and there are others of course, but those are places I always check out.

Good luck!

Hello, Brightyellow (which color I love!),

Fire Mountain also has a set of instructions for how to calculate the proper bracelet length, which instructions you can download and print. I think the instructions also tell how to add the size of the beads into your calculations.

I second Pattye's Good Luck!

Thank a lot for good suggestions!
The local bead shops sell brass coated over copper wire, so as soon as I tried to “antique” it the brass leer was gone… But they do have a small antique brass beads and crimps!
The FireMountain have solid brass wire.

Ones I saw a beautiful bracelet on PP made from Tahitian keshi, several string waived together. I was hoping to replicate this look. It is avatar of olmander. I post pictures as soon as I have any decent result…

There we are
This is my fist ?Big? project. It supposed to be a set of earrings, bracelet and a necklace. It still ongoing project, so I willing to redo it as many time as it takes.
I am looking for any feedback (not necessarily positive), ideas, suggestions?

Also it is a ring on pictures, I didn?t make it. I like it a lot and wondering what kind of pearl it is.
For me it looks like blue mabe (D 15mm, H 6mm) with green and purple hint. It has mark ?925 TH?.

Attachments

• 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 29
  • mod128.jpg
    mod128.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 34
  • mod041.jpg
    mod041.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 42
Hi Brightyellow,

Love the creativity of the earrings! What is the disc at the top of the earring, coral? cross-drilled bone? Is that your own wire wrapping? You've taken on a lot of challenges. I don't know how to wrap, but it looks good to me.

Did you already list what kind of pearls you used? Are they dyed? They're interesting looking, as if the drill hole is in the back of each pearl? ok, I see you said side-drilled. I didn't see a clasp, so you use elastic thread. Is the bracelet a single large strand that you looped many times?

The ring pearl has a very lovely glow in the second picture, and I like the simple setting. I'll let the experts comment on mabe origin, Sea of Cortez, or not?

All said, you must be pleased at how well things are turning out!

Last edited:
Thanks lisa c
The disc is a lava stone (natural brown color)
The bracelet is separate 5 rows of pearls on elastic cords. I simply get them around each other.

About the wire wrapping. Fist I reknoted some pearl necklaces because it wasn’t a right link, after I fix some old jewelry using knotting, pre manufactured parts, and some wire. The next thing I know - I am madly wire wrapping everything I can find…

Hi BrightYellow,

Your bracelets turned out great! Congrats, love the earrings also! I think those pearls would be freshwater keshi, dyed, with very pretty overtones.

The mabe ring is lovely, probably not Sea of Cortez, as their mabes are quite uncommon, although familiar to us here. Lots of silver jewelry is being produced in Thailand, perhaps that is what the TH stands for, or could be the designer's initials. A search of blue mabe ring on ebay or google turns up lots of similar rings. A statement ring for sure, just terrific!

Yes, great work on the wirewrapping, too!

Back