Please help me get started!

Hi Amti! I finally ordered my supplies from Pattye yesterday - we'll have to keep each other posted on our progress!
I ordered yesterday too! I've got a million projects to do and yet, I am really only excited for this one! I've got a long necklace to restring too, but think I may start with the shorter 18incher to get the hang of it. Good luck! :)

Argh! I got through the first three pearls, gimp and clasp successfully but messed up with the first standard knot! It didn't come in next to the pearl. I'm using Beaders Secret, how do I get the knot to hit the pearl on the fourth pearl and so on? Thanks!

Beebee, pull the two threads apart slowly and firmly. The knot will slide into place.
Like this:

attachment.php

Hi Pearl Dreams, I'm at the part after stringing the clasp and the first three pearls and I have cut off the original knotted end. Then I put the fourth pearl onto what is now just the two strings with the needle at the end. How do you make a knot after from her on our without a tool cinching it into the previous pearl? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

Yes-- it's really easy. Make the overhand knot the same way you did before and pull the two threads apart! This forces the knot toward the previous pearl. You'll see, try it! Pattye's Serafil thread and Beader's Secret thread are slippery and slide into place this way.

If you are having too much trouble guiding the loose knot loop toward the pearl, you can use an awl or darning needle or anything thin like that (a chopstick, even) inserted into the loose knot loop to guide it closer to where you want to tighten it. When the loose knot is next to the pearl, withdraw the awl/chopstick/whatever and pull the threads apart firmly. But you don't have to use a tool, not with Pattye's Serafil or with Beaders Secret. Pulling the two threads apart will make the knot slide into place regardless.

Last edited:
Got it! Thanks! Glad I started with a bracelet for practice - going to rest up before trying the 35" necklace. �� Many thanks for all the help!

Very smart idea to practice with a bracelet length! (my first attempt, long ago, was a 30 inch triple strand….. what was I thinking?)

Back