Pick a thread, any thread.

What delicious bubbles they are! And I sent you a private message, bweaves.

Anyone else curious if the orbit clasp manufacturers wonder who is using up all their orbit clasps LOL? I too wish a manufacturer would make some more textures, and gem accents versions! The only ones I know of are white and yellow polished gold, and PP can order brushed yellow gold. I'd LOVE 14 (or 18) K real Rose gold orbits too.

Luvglitz, check Pearl Paradise. Just type in clasp in the search box. They carry several metals and colors!

Cathy, I agree! I have seen more marquise shaped orbits that have diamonds, but they really don't have the same look...they are more like a lobster claw. I love the oval shape of the orbits...I would really like to have a thicker clasp with different metals and textures. If anyone ever finds any, please do share!

I agree. I'm in love with the orbit clasps, but would love them with more bling. It doesn't even have to be diamonds. I find CZs usually have more sparkle than the small diamonds they put in most clasps.

Does anyone have a pearl drill that would like to have a go at one pearl with a too small drill hole? This is one of the pearls from a new strand. It was near the clasp, so I think it might have a bit of thread or glue or a knot stuck in the middle. When I first tried threading it, I could only just get the needle through, it was so tight. Now it feels like something is blocking the hole. I tried reaming it out, but I really don't have good tools. Unlike the other pearls I've discarded from strands, this one has a good surface, so I hate to discard it. However, if you accidentally destroyed the pearl, I wouldn't be heartbroken, since I can't use it as it is anyway. I'd be willing to pay shipping both ways and a little fee for your effort. PM me if you want a shot at it. I'll even include the one bad pearl so you have something to practice on first.

Last edited by a moderator:
BWeaves, what kind of reamer did you use? Hand, or battery powered? I found the hand ones useless and was delighted at the results I got with my battery powered one (Beadsmith cordless bead reamer).

You have to submerge the pearl under water when you use it. I use a little salad bowl-- wide and shallow. The water offers lubrication so the motor doesn't burn out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEADSMITH-C...317731?hash=item5412106723:g:w-cAAOxysJxSOxCx

(I'd be more than happy to do it for you, but why pay shipping? This reamer is so inexpensive you might as use the money to buy one for yourself.)

AHA! I think I will try that battery powered one. Yeah, my handreamers are pretty useless.

Also, the 3 clasps are spoken for.

So, I think I'm done (until I try reaming out that last pearl). Even with removing two pearls from the new strand, I'm only a 1/4 inch shorter than they were originally strung. But the orbits do add some length. Here they are with 10mm BBAs. I really like the aqua Beader's Secret with both strands of silver blue akoyas. It really goes well with them.

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

I'm definitely getting rid of the french wire / gimp that did NOT come from Pattye. It looks the same as the gimp I bought from Pattye, but it sure does not behave like Pattye's does.

Last edited:
I love the new clasps and the threads look perfect! Great job on the remodel! Am I the only one who gets excited (and motivated) when seeing others restringing pearls?

This looks awesome! I love how the colors turned out, BWeaves, and thanks for pointing out the gimp in Pattye's shop! I've never seen gimp in all of those colors, that's great to have.

Back