Photos from the Ruckus 2016

Love how you have framed the Fiji pearls in the first photo!!!

Wow, lots of eye candy!

(Purranha, your cat continues to be adorable. My daughter loves seeing photos of her with your pearls.)

Lmgarden - Your photos are convincing me that I need a Fiji bracelet. I'm so in love with the colors in yours. So, quintessentially Fiji.

Red, I know it's only a matter of time before you get your Fiji Pearl bracelet!! The colors are so different from my Tahitians. Like me, you won't be able to stop staring at all the mesmerizing colors!!

Thank you Katbran, Marianne and Pearl Dreams! Loving those Fiji pearls!!

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin, lmgarden...

Your styling options are divine lmgarden! Those gold pearls are the best!

lmgarden,

Your Fijian bracelet is truly gorgeous, and I hope you will have lots of opportunities to wear it.

DK :)

Purr- the tin cup turned out so well ! The little flowers are adorable! And those pearls are lovely ! I like the chain you have used ..do you remember where that came from ? I like the mix of links in it. Gives the piece an 'airy' feel . Well done !

Katbran!

I got the chains from these links: I used the rose gold-filled for this tin-cup and used the gold filled on other project (Amanda Clarke) before.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/239273...arch_query=rose+chain&ref=shop_items_search_9
https://www.etsy.com/listing/257946...ga_search_query=chain&ref=shop_items_search_6

The flowers are from here - I used the single flowers for the tin-cup, and used the long cascading flowers for my shoulder duster earrings before.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/239611...ding+Narcissus+Flower&ref=shop_items_search_1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/239511...ding+Narcissus+Flower&ref=shop_items_search_5
https://www.etsy.com/listing/239611...ding+Narcissus+Flower&ref=shop_items_search_8
https://www.etsy.com/listing/175043...ing+Narcissus+Flower&ref=shop_items_search_10

lmgarden,

Your Fijian bracelet is truly gorgeous, and I hope you will have lots of opportunities to wear it.

DK :)
Dkan 168 can you pick out the pearl I took from your stash of fijis that you gave up? ? It's one of the more lustrous pearls on the strand! Hope you enjoyed your longer stay in LA! Thank you!!

lmharden - That blueish pearl to the right of the brown one has the entire rainbow of colors and is my favorite.

Red, thanks for starting this thread and documenting this event with an hour-by-hour account! ..so many great talks this year and seeing pearly friends again!

The Fiji bracelet pearls and my Robert Wan Tahitian multi-color bracelet that I got restrung today at PP. The extra pearls in front are also Fiji.
Jeremy had no trouble telling the pearls apart in this photo. More golds and browns in the Fiji pearls. BTW, I am now at LAX awaiting my flight home.View attachment 43677

beautiful colors, Red!

You are so welcome, SunSeeker. I did not realize the tremendous interest in the ruckus until BAS told me at the mid-morning break on Saturday that she was getting texts from Icyjade about my morning coffee posting. So, I began the hourly reports so people would know what was happening. Jeremy told me at dinner Saturday there was a big rush of sign-ups on the pearlsasone web site as a direct result of the picture I posted. By dinnertime there were 47 people registered.

So I took no time to redo/upgrade Emily Thorne with the new freshadama metallics half strand I got at the ruckus.
The transition in the original version was very jagged since I didn't have the right materials.
View attachment 43803

Here is the newly completed version:
View attachment 43804View attachment 43805

And yes Purranha clearly wants to claim the newly completed Emily Thorne.
View attachment 43806

Now the new rope has PP's 24K GSSP half strand, mom's old champagne SSP, and the new freshadama metallics half strand - it is quite special!
The freshadama metallics are ssssooo beautiful with mirror like luster. I am beginning to kick myself for not getting full strands...

you did an awesome job, Purr!

Sorry I'm late to this thread, but Greg and I just got back from San Francisco this morning at 3 a.m. Our flight was delayed several hours.

I'm sorry I missed hugging some of you goodbye. I didn't realize that I'd missed some people on my way out because I was in a bit of a panic. My first Uber attempt didn't work and I was afraid I'd be late to the airport. Anyway, it turned out that I had just completed my purchase at PP and my credit card company froze my credit card until I approved the transaction. Uber was linked to the same card, hence it didn't work. Thank you Hisano for getting us a ride to airport!

I enjoyed meeting all of you and I hope to come again next year.

P.S. We need to make that "calendar" happen. Anyone get any photos of that? Josh showed lots of photos of hunky tattooed men opening oysters. We were a bit distracted. Shells? What shells? I think Josh was a bit embarrassed that we kept pressing him to make a calendar "The Men of Kamoka," but we really enjoyed his presentation.

Anyway, here's what I bought:

Pistachio baroque akoyas from PP and a yellow gold orbit clasp. I need to string these myself.
A 22 inch strand of 8- 8 1/2 inch blue baroque akoya. I really didn't need more blues, but these were very pretty and an unusual length that hit me just right.
And a soufflé'/geode/finestrino/points/everythingbagel pearl enhancer from littleH, with emeralds and a diamond bail.

View attachment 43814

View attachment 43815

And modeled! Excuse the nightgown. I'm still sleepy.

View attachment 43816

LittleH enhancer on my Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand.

View attachment 43817

View attachment 43818

BWeaves, your littleh geode enhancer is beautiful and beautiful on you! It was nice to meet you and your lovely husband! Thanks for the giggle this morning, as I had forgotten about the "Men of Kamoka" calendar idea! ..as if, right! ..sorry for the distraction, Josh!

May I just say I LOVE Pearls n Pajamas!! Great additions to your collection, for sure!

I've missed reading pages and photos and commenting, so will hope to catch up this weekend.

Until today, I haven't been online much since getting back, so I have a lot of reading do to as well! ...love Saturday mornings at Ruckus decked out in pearls n PJs!

Back