Pearly fun

Zakkala

Community member
Okay, so, I posted in the 'Lowly Beaders' section when I was after advice on knotting my first necklace and have dabbled with a few more bits and pieces since - thought I'd post what I have so far, before my next lot of pearls arrive! I don't have anything valuable or high quality, but what I do have is a lot of fun, so here's my bits and bobs so far.

First pic is my first necklace / bracelet set that I knotted (freshwater pearls on silk with sterling silver toggle clasps).
Second pic is my first attempt at wire wrapping (freshwater pearls with carnelian beads using hobby wire).
Third pic is my 102" necklace (freshwater pearls and carnelian beads on power pro or something similar).
Fourth pic is a birthday set I did for my mum (freshwater pearls and swarovski crystals on silk with sterling silver toggles).
Final pic is some messing about I've been doing with silver clay - top ring is a south sea keshi, middle is south sea keshi and sapphires and bottom is south sea keshi and spessartite garnets.

I have a lot of work to do on both my wire wrapping and my silver clay work, but as they're just for myself I don't care! It's all so much fun I am now officially a jewellery addict. I await my next delivery of ingredients with foot tapping impatience!

Attachments

• Finished pieces.JPG
    Finished pieces.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 30
  • finished practice set.JPG
    finished practice set.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 30
  • pearl  carnelian.jpg
    pearl carnelian.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 28
  • birthday set.jpg
    birthday set.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 35
  • rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 30
I am very impressed! Your rings are gorgeous. I thought I would try silver clay, but never made it past a pendant and some earrings.

Love the birthday set for your mom, too. Very cool! I can't wait to see more :)

Very nice work, Zakkala! Looking forward to seeing your future creations!

Sheri

Haven't posted on this thread for a while so I thought I'd add a few more photos - bits and bobs I've done in the last few months to keep myself entertained! Photo's aren't great as they were just quick ones my husband did for me and the lighting was a bit rubbish, but they give the general idea. Some of the necklaces have matching bracelets or earrings, but they're not included in the photos.

Attachments

• Dyed freshwater cultured pearls on Dandyline - single strand.jpg
    Dyed freshwater cultured pearls on Dandyline - single strand.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 41
  • Five strand torsade - freshwater cultured pearls (some dyed) on Dandyline with sterling silver.jpg
    Five strand torsade - freshwater cultured pearls (some dyed) on Dandyline with sterling silver.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Freshwater cultured pearls on Dandyline - single strand.jpg
    Freshwater cultured pearls on Dandyline - single strand.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Freshwater cultured 'popcorn' pearls on Dandyline.jpg
    Freshwater cultured 'popcorn' pearls on Dandyline.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Freshwater 'granulated' cultured pearls (undyed) on silk with 22ct gold beads and 14ct gold clas.jpg
    Freshwater 'granulated' cultured pearls (undyed) on silk with 22ct gold beads and 14ct gold clas.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Miscellaneous freshwater cultured pearls (some dyed) as watch straps, on Dandyline with sterling.jpg
    Miscellaneous freshwater cultured pearls (some dyed) as watch straps, on Dandyline with sterling.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Triple strand undyed freshwater cultured pearls on silk with sterling silver.jpg
    Triple strand undyed freshwater cultured pearls on silk with sterling silver.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Undyed freshwater cultured pearls (keshis) single long strand.jpg
    Undyed freshwater cultured pearls (keshis) single long strand.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 35
  • Undyed freshwater keshis and sterling silver.jpg
    Undyed freshwater keshis and sterling silver.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Undyed freshwater pearls on silk with sterling silver.jpg
    Undyed freshwater pearls on silk with sterling silver.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 31
Wow! You have been busy:) There is an awful lot of knotting there...

I especially like the watches and the tin cup keshis. Great ideas!

- Karin

I love your work! And thanks for the Pix! Keep adding to this thread when you do more pieces. I await them eagerly....

Back