Pearls Go To Great Lengths! POTW

GemGeek

Pearlista
Our Sarah of Kojima Pearl Company is always trending...

Sarah Closeup Earring.jpg

wow, they remind me of pieces from the byzantine empire i saw in a museum once, what a really cool modern interpretation!

Those earrings were actually inspired by the amazing bead work of the Maasai women of Kenya/Tanzania.
My dear friend (and great inspiration) Anna Von Hellens travelled there some years ago..and decided to recreate the style using 18k/22k gold and pearls. Ever the innovator, Anna never ceases creating and delighting people world wide. She lives in Chennai, India most of the time these days (so if any of you are in the neighborhood.. get in touch with her, her designs are truly amazing..and her joie de vive unrivaled!). She will make you HAPPY!
When I saw these earrings I just fell completely in love. Yes they are heavy, but of course they are not for everyday.. but what better place to wear them than at the Ruckus! Thanks to Blaire for the great photo.
Here is a photo of Anna in Africa, and some of the beadwork the women artisans are so famous for, the dangling metal discs are somewhat uncommon but a great touch I think
Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 8.21.07 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-11-25 at 8.23.24 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-11-25 at 8.23.39 PM.jpg

Just beautiful! Wear them in health, dear Sarah.

However did I miss these at the Ruckus??? You look lovely in these gorgeous earrings, dear Sarah :)

I would be shocked that many of you did not remember those earrings -- except -- there was a table of amazing pearls spread out before her and it was a major distraction. Sarah has great taste in everything. :)

Back