Pearls for my Mrs. and Daughter

Topojones

Hello All,

I recently have purchased a couple sets of pearls for my wife and daughter while traveling in the middle east and was hoping that I could get a little more info on them and if they are worth what I paid. The jeweler was reputable as he came recommended by many of the local businessmen and as informative as he could be but language barriers being what they are just didn't allow for "comprehensive" info. They are definitely real pearls as indicative of the small blemishes, grit test and luster but all I could get for origin was that they came from China.

Any information on type or approx. value would be greatly appreciated. I paid roughly $100 US for the sets and each set had a single strand necklace, bracelet and earrings. One set is about 10mm and the other about 12. I am posting pics of the 12mm set.

Cheers,
Freddy

Attachments

• Photo Jan 10, 1 24 38 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 1 24 38 AM.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Photo Jan 10, 1 24 43 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 1 24 43 AM.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo Jan 10, 1 24 57 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 1 24 57 AM.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Photo Jan 10, 1 25 44 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 10, 1 25 44 AM.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 25
Large cultured Chinese freshwater pearls! I see a few off-rounds so that means there is no bead inside-- they are nacre all the way through and very durable! Nice luster. I do see some of the surface flaws but overall they look quite nice.

I'd say you got your money's worth! Is the other strand equally nice?

Large cultured Chinese freshwater pearls! I see a few off-rounds so that means there is no bead inside-- they are nacre all the way through and very durable! Nice luster. I do see some of the surface flaws but overall they look quite nice.

I'd say you got your money's worth! Is the other strand equally nice?

Yes, in fact they are almost identical just a little smaller in size. Both sets are strung on silk individually knotted with sterling silver clasps. Here are a few shots of the smaller set.

~Freddy

Photo Jan 10, 2 52 13 AM.jpgPhoto Jan 10, 2 52 38 AM.jpgPhoto Jan 10, 2 52 47 AM.jpgPhoto Jan 10, 2 53 15 AM.jpg

The smaller ones look a bit more off round and flawed. The larger ones were a better deal to my eye, but still okay considering you got the necklace, bracelet and earrings.

Wait...was that $100 each? Or for both? If for both sets, you did very well.

The smaller ones look a bit more off round and flawed. The larger ones were a better deal to my eye, but still okay considering you got the necklace, bracelet and earrings.

Wait...was that $100 each? Or for both? If for both sets, you did very well.

The smaller set was $70 and the larger set was about $130. The jeweler charged by carat weight over here.

Back