PEARLS BY THE BAY 2022 - MAY 15th

I managed to join, but it kicked me off after an hour. I figured no problem, I'll just get back on. But it didn't let me, and I missed most of Douglas' talk, sigh.

Hoping the presentations were actually recorded. After I was finally able to log in google cut me out 3 minutes into Douglas's presentation. I cried.

Most of these videoconferencing platforms only allow a certain amount of time. Just glad you were able to watch the best talks.

Fabulous time! Will be home soon to post some pics~
597D5F7C-21CE-4D80-A774-3674B419A651.jpeg
8F1BF79E-F008-4F98-9888-957EED79E103.jpeg

IMG_20220515_111407.jpg

View from the Venue!

IMG_20220515_123755.jpg

Some of the items on display...there was quite a bit of beautiful looking pieces!

Elaine & Cindee quite busy with the cookie boxes!
IMG_20220515_123247.jpg

I managed to join, but it kicked me off after an hour. I figured no problem, I'll just get back on. But it didn't let me, and I missed most of Douglas' talk, sigh.
Sarah managed to record all of the talks and we will be editing the video and posting it online...sometime!

Alexander Collins during his presentation...I really appreciated his talk!
Alexander Collins (2).jpg

Hi Douglas- I usually post pearl event pictures in the “Other Stuff” thread so only members can see, but I am not seeing the thread. Has it gone missing, or am I just not seeing it????

I’m also not seeing a way to edit a post.

I am posting pics from the event in the “Other Stuff’ thread for members.

View attachment 461064 The time has come!
We are ON for Pearls By The Bay THIS May 15th 2022.

Here is the link for tickets and more information:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pearls-by-the-bay-2022-tickets-301724023677

We will gather in the open air Junto Room of the Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa in the quaint bayside village of Sausalito California!
The event starts at 1PM with catered lunch by Poggio Trattoria and then we will hear lectures from :

The FAMOUS PEARL HIMSELF : Douglas McLaurin of Hermosillo Mexico.. marine biologist extraordinaire, reknowned historian in pearling world wide, keeper of all pearl producing species names, believer in all magic and science, reiki master, vegan and the life of every party.
Douglas has the rare ability to take a highly scientific topic and make it digestible, poignant and funny.
Ted Talks got the idea from listening to him.
An aquaculture convention isn’t the same without him and we are overjoyed that he is making the voyage by submarine to join us in Sausalito.

Our second speakers are coming ALL THE WAY FROM CHILE! Dr. Ruben Araya and Jaime Maturana (M.A.)

will be presenting how they
have developed the technology that allows the production of free abalone pearls. This technology has been developed with animal welfare in mind and is based on a sustainable aquaculture model, allowing us to secure the first intellectual property in Chile and all other abalone producing countries regarding the production of these exotic gems. Our objective is to communicate this knowledge so that it can be developed anywhere in the world, now that the sustainable production of abalone pearls is a dream come true. THIS IS AKIN TO THE INVENTION OF THE WHEEL IN THE CULTURED PEARL WORLD AND IT WILL BE THE FIRST TIME THEY ARE INTRODUCING IT TO THE PUBLIC IN NORTH AMERICA. IT IS VERY RARE TO HEAR OF A NEW SPECIES BEING SUCCESSFULLY USED TO CULTURE PEARLS .. ESPECIALLY ONE AS TRICKY AS ABALONE!

Our third speaker will be Jennifer Heebner of CPAA and just about every publication in the jewelry industry. Jennifer gives a phenomenal presentation on jewelry trends and pearl market trends.

Our fourth speaker requests to remain anonymous until show time... I have known him for decades and I promise that his TRUE adventure stories of hunting natural wild pearls around the world will captivate you! Part Indiana Jones, Part James Bond with robust dash a mad collector .. his is a phone call I ALWAYS answer.

AND OF COURSE WE WILL BRING BACK THE POPULAR : Pearl Bingo for Prizes

We are also planning a pearl fashion show around sunset.
There will also be catered dinner and wine, all overlooking the world famous Sausalito Bay.

Dress code is business casual with a HEAVY DOSE of PEARLS .. our treasured gem!

Come celebrate with others who LOVE AND CARE about PEARLS AND THE BEAUTY THEY BRING INTO OUR LIVES, I PROMISE YOU WON'T REGRET IT~
(also we have a 20% off coupon for those who would like to stay at the Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa)

Please reach out to me via email : kojimapearl@gmail.com if you have any questions.

WITH WARMTH AND LUSTER, SARAH CANIZZARO

View attachment 461063
Wish Tom and I could make it. Deep in the thick of school. Love to you and all our Pearly friends.

Back