Pearllunar is active again

Those are the best description and pictures I have ever seen on ebay! Beautiful photography, too. All colors on my monitor looked like they were accurately described.

I bought a metallic copper-dotted blue lavender strand from them some time ago. The color was was the best I have found on ebay so far. The pearls were round- if you didn't focus on shape, but they were a bit eggy.

These aren't perfectly round, but they close enough for me. The round pearl sellers do not touch this stuff, it is below the a,aa,aaa scale. They call anything of that grade or worse grade," junk". Or some nice ones call them "necklace" stock. These are excellent pearls for designers, lowly beaders.

So I am glad they are back, better than ever.

However, for the price of this strand, I think Jeremy wins for quality and price.

Their photos dont match up to the actual pearls irl from my experience. Plus like others have mentioned- my round pearls were "eggy." I think for cheap pearls, they are ok. But for the more expensive strands, you are better off buying elsewhere. It is too expensive to return to China and they dont refund postage even when the strands are mis-described.

It is too expensive to return to China and they dont refund postage even when the strands are mis-described.

That's the main reason for me not buying from oversea Ebay sellers, especially something other than a cheap pair of earrings: expensive return postage. It's less expensive to return to US sellers. I've been attracted to some of their strands, but have been successful at fighting the urge to buy them, thinking about the return postagae.

Last edited:
The pearls I bought from them matched the photos exactly. For the price, you'll get great-looking off-round pearls. ;)

The most interesting FW pearls I have, I received from Pearllunar. They have an incredibly selection of unique, natural tones...and I honestly found that they match the pictures. They always have tons of pictures in various lighting and I really appreciate that.

I also ordered w/ regular shipping (which normally takes FOREVER...at least 3 weeks min) and it arrived within a week!

I would order from pearllunar again. Friendly, quick responses to my emails, items were as described, prompt shipping...I'm a happy camper.

One thing that bugs me about this seller is everything has a Buy it Now or Make Best Offer option. I am wondering if anyone make use of the make an offer option? If so what percentage do you offer for the pearls?

I think I've offered 25% below listed price. Bottomline, offer what you're happy to pay. It's up to them if they want to accept. I don't like that they use stock photos though.

I usually offer around 30% below and end up usually between 20-25% from the original price. It depends on the item. I have found their on their more expensive lots there is less wiggle room; usually about 18-20% and on less expensive lots 25-30%.

I'm not sure I agree they use stock photos. Everything I have bought from the looks like the picture, including imperfections. Kate

I'm just speaking from my experience. End user experiences may vary. Just another point for consideration.

It seems on some of their listings they say specifically that the item pictured is the one the buyer will receive. However, it is clear that if they have multiples of an item, we are looking at a stock photo.

I generally figure around 20% less on the best offer, but I haven't purchased there lately. If it is something I have been watching for awhile and know it has been there a long time, I might mention that to the seller.

One thing that bugs me about this seller is everything has a Buy it Now or Make Best Offer option. I am wondering if anyone make use of the make an offer option? If so what percentage do you offer for the pearls?

YAWR! I just posted a reply and it logged me off.

So the "Make Best Offer" is a lot of fun if you like negotiating. :) I bought these for 33.3% off of the BIN price. I thought it was a GREAT purchase!

101_99901.jpg

This was definitely not a stock photo. I studied each pearl carefully to decide how I would string them and they have the same tones that are in this picture. It's difficult when some pearls are green on the outside, pink on the inside, vise versa, then coppery pink w/ an edge of green and some lavender to boot.

I would have to say that for pearls matching the photo, they are one of the best vendors. The only time they didn't match the photo, I tried to take my own photo and every photo I took looked just like theirs. Some colors just don't want to cooperate! ;)

Yes they were strung a few weeks ago and I'm wearing them today! They're about 7.5-8.0mm. I wanted a shorter length so made them 16". They need really good lighting to show off the "watermelon" tones, for lack of a better descriptor.

They are strong and unique as individual pearls but when strung together on my neck, it's hard to distinguish the unique tones unless you're looking pearl by pearl.

With the nasty weather as it is in gloomy Chicago, I may have to wait until spring to get great natural lighting for a photo op. :D

Wowsa! Those are gorgeous!!! They are the only ebay vendor that when I look at their photos I salivate! That's great you got them for 33% off -- maybe I should bid a little lower in future. Kate

Back