Pearl Necklaces

Cici79

Hello, I have (2) pearl necklaces and wanted to see if anyone can tell me what kin they are? I have attached some pictures
Thank you

Attachments

• DSC_2160A.jpg
    DSC_2160A.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_2161A.jpg
    DSC_2161A.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_2162A.jpg
    DSC_2162A.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_2163A.jpg
    DSC_2163A.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 41
Hi Cici79!
It is very hard to evaluate pearls that are photographed against a dark background. Please take a few more photos for us with a white background including some closeups, especially pearls with flaws. (Some flaws are to be expected in real pearl strands. Imitation pearl strands may also have flaws but they look different.)

I'm going to copy and paste some questions from our sticky thread in the "What Kind of Pearls Do I Have?" forum... :)

Welcome to Pearl-Guide!

If this is your first post, please be patient-- your first few posts and photos will need to be approved by a moderator before they can appear on the forum. :)

Feel free to post your own thread in this section, but please be sure to answer the following questions in your thread!

We would be pleased to try to help you determine what sort of pearls you have, but we will need some information from you first.

We need you to answer every question:

1. Do the pearls feel slightly gritty or smooth when rubbed gently against another pearl (or against the edge of your tooth, if there is only one pearl?) Please rub gently!
If they are gritty, they are likely to be real nacre (genuine pearls.) If they feel smooth, they are likely imitation pearls.

2. Please provide clear, in-focus photos without flash against a white background (a paper towel works nicely.)
Include close-ups of the clasp (front and back) and a few of the pearls. If there are flaws, include a photo of those. Also the box they came in, and tags if you have them.

3. Any history you can give us about the pearls. Where/when you or your relative got them, any documentation you have (receipts, appraisals), their price range if you know it, etc.

4. Describe any marks on the clasp. These may be numbers (14K, 585, 750, 925 etc.) or brand names or even pictures. If the clasp has stones, have you had them tested, or do you have documentation about what they are?

5. Measure the pearls, with a millimeter ruler if possible. If they are graduated, measure the largest and smallest pearls.

Please understand that any opinions we offer are not an official appraisal. If you think you may have valuable pearls, please see a jeweler.

Last edited:
It's difficult to tell from the photos, but are you sure they are real pearl necklaces and not faux? Something about the color and luster doesn't look right to me.

Please follow Pearl Dream's recommendation on how to photograph both necklaces so we can have a better look.

Back