Pearl measurement question

Pearlescence .... Name and shame!! I regularly exhibit in Hong Kong and I long for a level playing field......

Best resources for those who wish more information:
I really really appreciate all the information! that was super helpful for me. may i ask you questions privately in case i would have some? or i should ask them here? thanks!

It's best to ask your questions in the open forum so that everyone may benefit from the answers. :)

JVC is Jewelers Vigilance Committee and FTC is Federal Trade Commission (USA). I participated as a subject matter expert on pearls during the last FTC review as a member of the Accredited Gemologists Association. Attitudes about freshwater cultured pearls are still difficult to change, but they are moving in the right direction. CIBJO is also changing for the better with more involvement from smaller players. There were decades of dominance by major saltwater pearl sellers.

CIBJO is also changing for the better with more involvement from smaller players. There were decades of dominance by major saltwater pearl sellers.

The dominance has been from the natural pearl folk. They're the reason we are still required to use the word cultured. This was challenged by Mr. Branellec in 1999. The natural pearl side won.

Back