Pearl Farming for Our German Friends

Is that the German Pearl Paradise or do you just collaborate?

Hi PGers and Jeremy,
I have watched this video and it is very informative even though I am a bit puzzled.
My impression was that once the mantle piece and the nucleus are implanted, the pearl sac is formed and as I understand that the Akoyas are being killed through the harvesting process, it is not possible for them to have a pearl sac ready for a second operation but in the video I hear that an incision is made into the (already existing) pearl sac and the nucleus plus mantle piece are put into place (I think it is close to the gonad). As I have understood it though, the pearl sac starts forming after the epithelic cells come inte contact within the oyster.
Otherwise excellent information, strongly reminding of PP:s own video.

Hi PGers and Jeremy,
I have watched this video and it is very informative even though I am a bit puzzled.
My impression was that once the mantle piece and the nucleus are implanted, the pearl sac is formed and as I understand that the Akoyas are being killed through the harvesting process, it is not possible for them to have a pearl sac ready for a second operation but in the video I hear that an incision is made into the (already existing) pearl sac and the nucleus plus mantle piece are put into place (I think it is close to the gonad). As I have understood it though, the pearl sac starts forming after the epithelial cells come into contact within the oyster.
Otherwise excellent information, strongly reminding of PP:s own video.

Hmmm. I don't understand much of the German so I am not sure what they are saying, but I will send an email to Raik about it. You are right.

Hi Jeremy,

BTW do uou happen to have a left over video from the FW-pearls we got? I seem to have misplaced mine and even though searching very thoroughly can?t find it. As it goes together with my pearl library I would miss it very much if I can?t replace it.
Thanks in advance

Inge

Nifty! now if I only understood german. ;)

Hi Jeremy and PGers

Thanks for the video, although I don't understand German, I always love close up videos of the implantation process.

Perhaps this has been asked in the past, sorry if redundant:
What do you do with the pearl "dust" after drilling at PP? Is it sold for medicinal use?

Jerin, enjoyed your question. Will follow up for the response

No, not the German Pearl Paradise, but we do collaborate. Raik and Heike have been friends of mine for nearly 10 years.

And yes, Caitlin, that's me.

My German's way rusty, but nice to end the video w Mia, and an online merchant reference. Yea!

It should be on our You Tube channel, no?

So how can I get it nice packaged and on to a DVD? Unfortunately when it comes to these types of job, I am an total ignorant!:(

I am not familiar with You Tube and have trouble just finding what I am looking for so far, that is why I am very glad to see other PGers linking them to this forum so I am also able to see everything that?s interesting!

Back