Pearl Farm Safari?

Hey Jeremy,

When you have some more details, please send us an email, and we would be happy to assist you with finalising the trip. Its great to see so much interest on coming to visit our pearl farms. For those of you who feel that a trans-pacific voyage is a bit long for a 3 day visit, there would be no problem in extending your stay in flowerisland, and factoring in a little vacation time too.

Jacques Christophe

So, I'm catching up on old posts - where do I go to find the outcome? Who can tell me which thread?

More and more interesting. We at PG have been invited to China to visit a Chinese Akoya farm. It's only a couple of hours north of Hong Kong. I don't know but maybe this could be a mini tour. They are looking forward to hosting us so any thought?

Great plan there Mr Mikeyy.
Weird, I posted this before and it disappeared
How about a freshwater pearl farm and a factory - i can think of a couple of firms who might step up.....
and even a findings company?

Last edited:
Definitely sounds interesting! Now what are the next steps to actually getting something organized??? I'm assuming we're still looking at coordinating this with the timing of the HK show, so some people could start with that, perhaps take a short side trip to bungee jump in Macau (I'd love company!!!), then end up in at Flower Island...others could just meet at Flower Island....

I'm excited about all of this - hope we can make it happen!!!

Still very interested, but will skip HK. Waiting for more details.

Oh so tempting. Anxiously awaiting to see what dates you all settle on. If it falls during Spring Break I might be able to swing it. But I have to put school first.

Visiting the site in China is an intriguing side trip. I've never been to China, so I'm not sure whether it's expensive or cheap, easy or difficult to enter and travel.

Very easy. In fact I think Canadians can get drop visas from HK into China. China is inexpensive and travel in this area is very easy. Besides, I think they would arrange all the local transportation.

Very easy. In fact I think Canadians can get drop visas from HK into China. China is inexpensive and travel in this area is very easy. Besides, I think they would arrange all the local transportation.

Well Mike, that certainly caught my attention.

Hi
I looked into the visa into China from HK situation a few months ago. It may or may not be piossible, there may or may not be a visa office at the hk side of the Schenzen train station where you can get a visa. It takes a few minutes or maybe several hours or the office is often shut.
I concluded that it wasn't worth the risk of being turned back at the border.
You can go into mainland China on a one day group visa as part of a shopping trip - that is the cheapest and easiest way if you are going to shop (v good shopping in Schenzen)
otherwise the safest option is either a one-off or one year visa obtained in advance from your Chinese embassy. They aren't particularly cheap

I actually just did it recently with a friend. There is an office right at the train station at the border. Depending on which country you are from you can obtain a short term drop visa there. I don't think there was much of a fee for that one. No problem for a short excursion into Guangdong province. This isn't available to Americans. They are just jealous I'm sure. We have to get a regular visa from an agency or consulate. That type could be from a hundred to two hundred dollars depending on where you get it. You can obtain a visa in HK overnight from several agencies for about $200 U.S.. The cheapest way to get a visa is to go to a consulate yourself if you can and do it there. Again, I think that is around $100 if I remember correctly.

Oh yes, I forgot the agencies in HK and their big mark-up.
Glad to hear that office at the station does exist and the visa thing works. When I was looking into it there was so much muddled and contradictory info that I decided it was easier not to go that way and sit on the train wondering....

It's only been about a year that the border crossing at Luohu has been open 24 hours a day. So you might have been given some old information.

Thought the topic was about the generous offer of Jewelmer visiting their pearlfarm, has the topic changed to how to get a visa to China? Confused here

Hey Guys,

Any updates to this? Are we ruckusing in the PI??

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Hi Donna. Good to hear from you! I could not make a trip to PI any time soon..... house needs a new roof :(

Any news about what you guys are doing? It's cold here in Pittsburgh and some vicarious warmth would be lovely.

Back