Pearl and Gemstones

For me personally, I'd replace the diamonds with another gem, say padparadschas in just the right hue ~ lol.

I like your thinking, pattye! Padparadschas would look soooooo good! I'd do these in yellow gold with either spessartite garnet or grassy green tsavorite ;)

I like the idea of colored gems, Id like them to be placed near the coral and pearls, but still I like the diamonds in between. Its been fun looking at unusual coral pieces....I do like to share them here lol :)

I recently made a necklace that has SoC pearl, freshwater pearl and quartz crystal. I couldn't think of any colored stone to go with it tho, I was afraid that the gem stone will stand out more than the pearl. Any suggestion?

Attachments

• IMG_20180327_212706_561.jpg
    IMG_20180327_212706_561.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 54
I think your beautiful Sea of Cortez pearl stands perfectly on it's own. If you want to hang it in a circle, you might consider one with a matt finish. Just a thought.

It's also great that you are not afraid to try things! Sometimes it takes a bit pf playing around with a new design before I settle on what I like best.

I think your beautiful Sea of Cortez pearl stands perfectly on it's own. If you want to hang it in a circle, you might consider one with a matt finish. Just a thought.
I was considering making it just the pearl and the ring, but the pearl was fairly small for my taste (~8.5mm, PSS?) so I had to put something in there. I might try a matte ring next time, thank you for the suggestion <3

The fun thing is ~ you have the skills to change the design when you think of something you like better!

It's also great that you are not afraid to try things! Sometimes it takes a bit pf playing around with a new design before I settle on what I like best.
Thanks guys I am planning to try out different types of gem stone with this design soon. Maybe raw amethyst? Raw citrine? A slice of geode? I gotta dig up my old rock collection!

How about a watermelon tourmaline slice, top-drilled? (Or even drilled top to bottom.)

How about a watermelon tourmaline slice, top-drilled? (Or even drilled top to bottom.)

hmm, would the tourmaline attract to much attention to itself? My SoC is not vibrantly colorful and I still want it to be the focal point. I would definitely love watermelon tourmaline with peacock Tahitian tho (I saw a great pair of earrings on Instagram) or with rainbowy edison freshies.

My so far favorite pearl-and-gemstone project is done since yesterday. Douglas McLaurin's Sea of Cortez Mabe and Yvonne Raley's tourmaline trillions are a great match, don't you think?
I added my diamond bead earring for the fluorescence shots because it has some fun colours.

20160908 135746

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 11.26.45.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 11.27.02.jpg

Attachments

• 20151203 120335
    20151203 120335
    31.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Morella, those Sea of Cortez earrings are just gorgeous, and they look wonderful on you ... congratulations! The diamond bead earring looks very interesting too; could we see more of it?

Back