One more exotic

Hi Pernula
You are definitely thinking too much.:)

That said, if you are thinking of returning one or two. Send me pictures or put up Jeremy's pictures- I'd be interested in buying it/them. This thread is so long and has so many posters, I've lost track, if I ever knew, which ones you got.

These neckaces are a rare treat and I did not get enough of them.

Have you considered that Jeremy practically 'gives' these specials to us for much less than we could ever buy anywhere else?

I feel like being chided. I do realize Jeremy is being very nice and generous to us, that's why I might return an exotic so that somebody else could have it if I were not 100 % in love with it. I have bought about 15 items from PP for personal use or gifts, I love their pearls!;)

I can't figure out how to attach pictures!!! The one I am thinking of returning is this: http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=2073. It is pretty and it has one truly silver pearl, the rest is peach or peach with silver overtone. The second necklace I bought is 9-10 mm round exotics. It looks nice in diffuse lighting but does not shimmer as much as the small rounds. Mia is helping me make a Y necklace out of my favorite (7 mm round) now. I am 100 % keeping that--no way I would return it!:)

Cheers,
Pernula

I'm with Caitlin - I would definitely have liked to have gotten more of the exotics (in fact, I was nagging poor Jeremy about when we would see more of them within hours of receiving my pearls!). I really wish I had some of the tiny rounds, and some of the ovals - I already know just what I would do with them. I tried to strike a balance between greed and altruism with my order. I do think we tend to have a "grass is greener" mentality when we see other folks' pearls. I would love to have more of the blues and purples, as well as more of the metallic looking pearls. Having said that, my pearls are *amazing* and I am one of only a handful of folks to possess such beauties. No one else I know (personally) has pearls like these and I feel like Cinderella to have lucked into them.

Even though I didn't get the most exceptional strands that were available, I have pearls that are lovely and unusual and special and I get warm fuzzies when I look at them. :D If your pearls don't do that for you, go ahead and return them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
. I keep thinking I should return one or two necklaces (I bought three, partly counting on at least one would be checked out first by somebody else and turned out I got all three) and try to get something "better." Please tell me I am being stupid/silly/greedy or thinking too much or ???:confused:
Thank you for your advice,
Pernula

:eek:

Me me me me want exotic! Am I too late? Will take it! (Have PMed you)

Thanks everyone for your advice. Very well said Pearl Dreams and Boo. I think I will keep it. Better to use my energy to enjoy the pearls than to waste my brain thinking too much!:)

Boo: I hope you get well soon!

I did not reply to the PMs of offers. Sorry, even if I had decided not to keep it, I don't think it would be right to sell anything I got from Jeremy's private offer.

Airdancer: Jeremy mentioned in another thread that they have a few exotics for private offer list members who missed out. You should PM or email him.

Cheers,
Pernula

Hi Pernula,

I am glad you decided to keep the strands even if I feel a bit sorry for the members, who gladly would haven taken them off your hands.

Originally the 9-10 mm strand would have been one of those, I would have liked but they were sold out and the larger ones I could not afford. Generally it seems to be so that smaller pearls have the more metallic luster than larger pearls - still - to get a 9-10 mm in Exotics is quite something and I think with time you will agree.

It is very strange with the Exotics: I restrung one of my strands and had it on a stand beside the window: it looked quite bleak (meaning pale, very light), the pearls looked almost uniformly ligthsilver upon a bodycolour that could be described being somewhere between pink or very light peach. Later I had it in my wall cupboard (I did not want the pearls standing in the bright sunlight) and all of a sudden every single pearl showed a different kind of colour - now they really did look like candy in green, silver, pink and goldpeach - it looked amazing. The green drop was bodycolour green with gold tints on it - very pretty! Once I took it out it became the same uniform colour as above!

Think what your huge pearls must look like, if you put them in a cupboard the same way: if you have seen their beauty once, you never will part with them again, I assure You.

And remember - the difference between multi-coloured and exotics is that the first ones can be quite intensly in their colours whereas the Exotics have the more pale but metallic look to them!

I checked but couldn?t find any photos. Perhaps you can get some help with the posting from Caitlin. I sure would like to see the huge pearls and what they look like!:)

y

y

Mia is helping me make a Y necklace out of my favorite (7 mm round) now. I am 100 % keeping that--no way I would return it!:)

Cheers,
Pernula[/QUOTE]

Hi Pernula,
Is the Y necklace a full strand like the jewelofthelotus pictures? Are you having anything else knotted with the pearls? All the Y full strand necklace I have seen need beads in between the pearls in order to allow larger space to close the clasp. I am thinking of having a strand done a similar way, but I don't want beads in between. I am just curious about your design and hope to find a way to resolve my issue.

Thanks,
Cathy

Last edited:
to echo other PGer's comments, I think that the exotics are at their best in indirect light...I've finally been able to take a couple of decent photos of my 7-8mm strands...
as an example of the impact of lighting, one photo was taken in direct sunlight, the other with a mylar screen to diffuse the light...
exotic PG2.jpg
exotic PG1.jpg

Glad this is resolved!

boo, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Wow, seriously nice pictures, raj!

Poor Jeremy. No good deed goes unpunished! :)

Perle

Raj, that second photo is scrumptious! I'm dying to try that. What is a mylar screen? Will an ordinary mylar "space blanket" work?

Hi Perle and Pearl_dreams,
thanks for the photo compliments.
Re mylar screen - basically I used a thin clear plastic (mylar) sheet in an opaque/matte finish that I got at the drafting section of an art supply store. For best results, hold the sheet between the light source and the subject matter as close to the subject matter as you can so that you get maximum brightness/light while cutting the glare/reflection.

Thanks-- I'll look for that. We have a store nearby that would probably carry it.

Hanaleimom: I have no idea how knot versus bead will work for a Y necklace. I guess I should email Mia.

Raj: Your pearls and pictures are beautiful!

Jerin: Thanks for your kind comments. I shall try to take some pictures. It might be a while as the only time I can possibly take pictures with diffuse sunlight is when my toddlers take their afternoon naps on weekends. During weekdays I am working full time and spending pretty much 100 % of the rest of my day with my kids.:)

Cheers,
Pernula

Poor Jeremy. No good deed goes unpunished! :)

Perle

I disagree! I admit I had a lot of the same initial doubts as Perluna had, until I was actually able to identify the exact strand I got in the pics on the PP web page and realize they really do look TOTALLY different in person (in a house full of compact fluourescent bulbs, go figure) than they look in a pic. But Pernula also goes out of her/his way to express appreciation for Jeremy's and Mia's efforts, respect the private-offer-process and make sure something as special as the exotics are in the hands of someone who really wants them. I'm impressed by that. I felt the same way at first - whether or not my strand was a perfect match for me (and I soon realized they are!), doesn't mean I was any less amazed that Jeremy and Mia would put together something like this and felt very lucky that Jeremy included a noobie like me in his list.

I don't think anyone would argue that Jeremy's private offers (and the efforts Mia put into this one specifically) are pretty incredible. I tried to thank Mia profusely when I spoke with her about mine because I think her efforts were incredible! But that in itself is a separate issue than the question, "Is the strand sitting in front of me really right for ME?", and I'm glad Pernula was able to separate those and still express both.

Being a noob, I don't know Jeremy and Mia personally, but I'd bet they understand having some customers be REALLY appreciative and respectful yet at the same time doubtful of whether a perfect strand-owner match has been achieved is just part of being a highly-regarded online pearl business.

Sorry for the diatribe! Just one person's opinion...

I'd bet they understand having some customers be REALLY appreciative and respectful yet at the same time doubtful of whether a perfect strand-owner match has been achieved is just part of being a highly-regarded online pearl business.

Sorry for the diatribe! Just one person's opinion...

Pearls being the mysterious gems that they are, you can't always tell whether they will compliment your skintone until you can place them against your skin. So, I would agree that there's a lot to the "strand-owner match" theory!

The exotics have enough colors that I think they would look good on most women. Today, when I put on my exotics for my friend Heather, she insisted that you could tell immediately, even from across the livingroom, that they were unusually beautiful with an inner glow. That kind of statement certainly removes any buyer's remorse! ;)

gravityalwayswins, I don't mean to pick on pernula, but to respond to your post I think it's things like this:

I realize the entire exotics crop/batch was hand-selected by Jeremy or Mia, but I can't stop wondering whether mine is left-over stuff after the cream of the crop was concentrated in a few necklaces.

that just make me wonder? I guess if I were unhappy with something I'd purchased, I would take it up directly with the seller/send it back.

Maybe it's just that there have been a few posts recently that struck me as being a little unfair to Jeremy and his staff, concerning things that (to me at least) could have been handled directly with his office. On the other hand, maybe it doesn't bother them at all. Perhaps I'm just being oversensitive! :)

Perle

I guess if I were unhappy with something I'd purchased, I would take it up directly with the seller/send it back.
Yes, this what people usually do. Then complain to the public only if they don't get satisfaction in private.

Knowing every little dissatisfaction people go through is actually kind of annoying- especially if there was nothing wrong with the service or attitude of the seller. Nevertheless, as Admin, I don't censor unless mean words or ad hominem atacks were used.

Along those lines, I thought someone complaining about repeatedly bad service from an otherwise good company (Not by any of our favorite sellers) was justified. After trying to get his goods for weeks, and obtaining promises which were not met--for instance. That was a legitimate complaint and it was echoed by a couple of other peoples' experience. But actually, after complaining, the people quit posting to that thread. Now we don't know if resolution/satisfaction was ever achieved.

If I can weigh in here, I don't necessarily think it is such a bad thing. Sure it stings when it happens, but it has done a lot for us on a customer service and product level. We do make mistakes, it is bound to happen. But the fact that these mistakes can easily be made public forces us to be extra, extra careful. It has dramatically changed the way our operations run: quality control, shipping schedules, refund processing, email response, etc. It has improved our business and every Pearl Paradise teammember is keenly aware of it. Some of you have mentioned in the past seeing a note stuck to an order (someone forgot to remove it) that says "Pearl-Guide customer!!! Choose Carefully!"

It also creates a bit more of a balance here on this forum. There are so many consumers and pearl experts here. One taste or style does not fit all. Opinions are going to differ. A real community tone does not have a single voice.

Back