One more exotic

my exotics

my exotics

Hi everyone
Finally my exotics and I met up after a long trip, the pearls from the States to Israel, and we, from Israel to Poland and back. They are pure beauties. Just one problem, the strand is a bit short on me. I already contacted Jeremy and, as usual with PP service, there will be no problem adding four pearls to my strand.

I'm going to purchase clip style earrings (from PP findings), to match my strand. I am thinking of having two different colors, but I'm not sure about the size. Should they be the same size as those in the strand or smaller? Someone once mentioned on PG that single, big round pearls look disproportionately large. The size of the pearls in my strand are 9.8 - 10.5mm. Do you think I should have smaller ones for the earrings?

And while restringing I was considering changing my ball clasp into a 'basket clasp,' the one jerin has on her extraordinary exotics. (Would you mind, Inge? It looks so much better.)

Hi Nora,

thanks for the compliment on my exotics, they truly are extraordinary. And be my guest, if you can get the basket clasp it is quite OK with me.

About the studs, I may have been one of the PGers who think the same size pearls in your ears might look too large. As you have pearls ranging from more than 9 mm, I think you should have pearls perhaps as mine with the exotics, i.e. round and 8mm. This size looks very nice and if necessary you can sleep with them, without hurting your earlobes.

Otherwise I always recommend button shapes if you have to use the phone, I wouldn?t want to scratch my pearls, neither would I like the idea of taking them out all the time....;)

Thanks Inge,

I had no idea that you provided Jeremy with that clasp; so, bye bye dreams.....
As for the earrings, I already have 9mm akoya from TPO and they look very nice. I just wondered how the 10mm will look like.
Since I don't have pierced ears, there is no problem in taking them off and putting them on again when answering a phone, like in Hollywood movies...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Inge,

I had no idea that you provided Jeremy with that clasp; so, bye bye dreams.....
As for the earrings, I already have 9mm akoya from TPO and they look very nice. I just wondered how the 10mm will look like.
Since I don't have pierced ears, there is no problem in taking them off and putting them on again when answering a phone, like in Hollywood movies...... ;)

Sorry Nora, it is my mistake - what I meant is I hope that Jeremy has some more of that kind - I didn?t provide him with it at all - I have no idea where he got it from as I haven?t seen it among the findings from PP! But as Jeremy has excellent taste why should I oppose to a basket clasp if he had one:D?

Ah you wear clip on style. That of course gives another look of ears and earrings! If you say that the 9 mm do look good, I would guess that the 10 mm will go just as well!:)

I hope that Jeremy has some more of that kind - I haven?t seen it among the findings from PP! But as Jeremy has excellent taste why should I oppose to a basket clasp if he had one:D?

Thank you again Inge for your help. I will ask Jeremy about the basket clasp.

Jeremy?..........

Good morning!

That style of clasp was one we "borrowed" from Amanda at Pure Pearls a while back. Occasionally, when there I have a strand with amazing color, I like to highlight it with a single pearl in the basket. I have only used it a few times, but our local findings house carries it in regular inventory so it is not hard to get.

Occasionally, when there I have a strand with amazing color, I like to highlight it with a single pearl in the basket. .
You are absolutely right from the jewelry design point of view. IMHO, almost every simple pearl strand will get more glamor and shine with golden beads or spacers. Though I would not add them to high quality klonks.
Diamond Rondelle I can see only upon demand.

I'm happy that the basket clasp is available.

Thanks !!!

Back