New to Forum, Have a Question About TYpe and Value, Please & Thank You

Nisnimnin

I apologize in advance for the quality of the pics, my camera and I weren't getting along that day. I bought these at an estate sale of my manly man's coworker's grandmother, which I was allowed to buy from before it opened.I buy and resell a lot of vintage jewelry, mostly costume. This is a rice? pearl multistrand necklace with 14k accents and onyx. It's mix of both seed and rice pearls, wit the rice pearls being about 2.5 or 3 mm each in length. The pearls all have really good luster, and I can make out a little reflection of my nose in the larger ones. They're white and have some blue and pink undertones in them. What is a reasonable price to ask for it? I'm assuming it's vintage, but any ideas about age? I took pics of the mark on the clasp which I assumed to be the designer, look familiar? Any help is appreciated.
IMG_1064.jpg
IMG_1066.jpg
IMG_1067.jpg
IMG_1072.jpg
IMG_1073.jpg
IMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1080.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you planning to sell your freshwater pearl necklace. I look for items similar to this often at ebay to harvest the gold findings and beads from to make new jewelry. Right now there are 105 used necklaces which are single to multi strands. In the completed area only a handful sold and the ones that did, they basically gave away. Pearls like diamonds are easy to buy, but hard to sell.

Thanks for your response. I was planning on selling on ebay, I just didn't know what would be considered reasonable.

welcome,

Does the mark look etched by hand rather than stamped like the 14K? Sorry, I don't recognize the mark. The flat pearls that make up most of the strands are called button or roundel pearls, which seem to have good luster, as you've noted. It's an attractive piece!

It does kind of, albeit better than I could engrave anything.I tried to zoom in on the mark and edit the contrast, maybe this will be better.
c599fcb6-a9fd-492d-ab6b-b49f80e84841.jpg
Here is also a drawing I made in paint which approximates the mark. My hands aren't very steady, apparently,lol.
mark.png
If it's just going to sell for nothing, I'd rather keep it. A big reason I began reselling old jewelry is to find it a good home and save it from the scrappers and crafters. If it's not broken, I don't like to destroy it.
welcome,

Does the mark look etched by hand rather than stamped like the 14K? Sorry, I don't recognize the mark. The flat pearls that make up most of the strands are called button or roundel pearls, which seem to have good luster, as you've noted. It's an attractive piece!

Back