New course on cultured pearls

Okay, but please ignore me if I get carried away! (Since becoming a semi-pro-ish wannabe writer, I seem unable to read anything any more without wanting to add my own little nips and tucks). :)

I'm looking forward to taking this course, too. I was excited when it was announced at Ruckus by Jeremy. I'm still too sleepy after my long late flight to take a look yet. I want to be wide awake for it.

I loved the idea of this Course and the way Jeremy presented it at this year's Pearl Ruckus. Both of you have done a tremendous job and I want to thank you -on behalf of myself and countless people- for this Amazing Benefit.
Thank you again and KUDOS!

Do I get any credit? I worked about 200 hours writing for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot! I literally JUST completed the course! What an amazingly well done syllabus. Thank you Caitlin, Jeremy and everyone else who has worked on and contributed to the course!

I was in my lounging around tank, and of course had to wear pearls as I was going through the course. Purranha decided she needs to partake in the course with mommy. I swear I did not stage her for the photos whatsoever!!! She climbed on my tummy and placed her little chin on the computer as we went through the course together. So of course I had to let her wear a strand of my pearls.
IMG_2989.jpgIMG_2992.jpg

How long does it take to complete the course? I really wanna do it but it's hard to find a proper block of time and I want to make sure I'm not interrupted when I'm doing the course.

Purrhana, that Tahitian strand looks like it was specially chosen for that gorgeous cat. Er, it wasn't, right? :p

If you want the certificate of completion you will have to go back and take the tests after they have been added.

Purrhana, that Tahitian strand looks like it was specially chosen for that gorgeous cat. Er, it wasn't, right? :p

Lolol omg Sea Urchin there are other pics floating around PG of Purranha wearing holy grail ripple, WSSP, etc all looking better than they do on me! But no I shall not let her claim my pearls (yet)!

I am so dense...I just got the play on words "Purranha" LoL.

Just curious... Do I have to take the course to get the certificate? Or, can I just get one?

This is going to be THE certificate that counts in the future of pearls IMO!! Jeremy's editing has been sheer genius! I supplied the first draft words, relying heavily on Strack in content and style and somewhat on the choppy GIA course - love the thick pages though! - and he infused the magic!

And this one, being on line will be immediately responsive to editing and new content- for instance both Strack and the GIA course were weak on marketing sections, and also years out of date. Fortunately Jeremy is absolutely up-to-date himself, and so the CPAA must emerge out of its cloistered ivory tower of same ol', same ol', and become an actual FORCE in the pearl world.

Now that Jeremy got active and showed them how to do stuff they were Luddites about, I expect the hear a lot more about the growing importance of the CPAA to the world pearl market. And that joining the CPAA has the expectation of its members becoming perpetual pearl students though they may not know THAT until they get hooked on learning about pearls. Since the producers, importers, wholesalers etc. of pearls - and the retail jewelers - can all be members of the CPAA, membership brings them all into contact. Feedback, and all that good stuff will really open the pearl channels in everyone. The discourse on pearls should reach at least the height of dispelling the myths about a grain of sand, etc and will probably do far more than that, in bringing pearls into the collective consciousness of a world market.

It is a fact that the more people learn about pearls, the more they want different kinds of pearls. Once they glimpse that lustrous World of Pearls, they will all act like members of Pearl-Guide.com!!!

Did anyone mention the CPAA's new bulletin, blog, thingy that promotes the marketing of pearls. It is new, another part of Jeremy's total shakeup of the CPAA and its BoD, but let's check back in in a year's time, or so, and see how it has created new channels to pour pearls into!!!

I am hoping that the retail jewelry business will take advantage of this course and learn how easy it is to market pearls - when you know what you are talking about. Perhaps........perhaps, no longer will we tell each other what some jeweler said to one of us about pearls that was so laughable, it was repeated over here:rolleyes:

If you need any help with the Cortez Pearl section...I am here to Help :D
And I can supply photos and videos too!

Now I really need to take a photo of our cat "Zenobia" wearing pearls and sitting on my computer to match Purranah's ;) and afterwards: have our Company join in the CPAA!

"Pets and Pearls" would be a great thread! Also, I too just figured out "Purrhana." Before, I just thought it was a person name from a foreign country or something.

I love the new pearls course. So far, I've learned quite a lot and had a few "aha!" moments where the pieces that I already did know came together and made more sense. At the same time, it's presented in short bits and in an interesting way, rather than being textbook drudgery. :)

Back