Need to find jeweler!

relysa

Hi everyone!

I am new in this forum and I just started to know more about pearls, though I grew up in a place where pearls are a common piece of jewelry that most people have. I had bought pearls before, but wasn't aware of the grading then. However, recently,after searching for some jewelry pieces that I couldn't find at B&M,I started to search the net. My first project is a custom made ring, currently being made (sooo excited about it!)

I am moving on and thinking of pearls as a next project. Hence,I found this forum, thank you for the great and creative minds of the people in this forum! I have learned quite a lot! Unfortunately, the company that I ordered my ring from, doesn't work with pearls. I have been drawn to custom-made jewelry pieces , thus wanting to custom made my pearl jelwelry and other projects in the future :)

So, my questions are:

Does anybody know and worked with good and reputable jewelers in the US? I don't mind if they are not in my state coz the one I worked with was out-of-state too and so far it is a wonderful experience!

Do you have any tips or advice on how to choose a jeweler?

Also, I'm trying to find a jeweler that works with other gems too, so I don't have to keep looking for one per gem project.

Any input will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks Jeremy! I have a heard a lot of good reviews on your company :)

I will definitely contact him.

Takayas did a brilliant job of designing a unique custom engagement ring for my son to give to his fiancee. He listens closely and is careful with the budget, too.

Thanks whicker and gemgeek!

It's nice to know that about Takayas. I just want a jeweler that have a lot of experience working with pearls ,as most of the jeweler I have searched are usually working with gems.

I have checked his website and he did a lot of wonderful rings :)

However, if anybody else have worked with other jewelers for their pearls, please share your input for comparison.

Thank you!

Relysa,

Are you in the US? I think you said you are.

What kind of designs do you prefer? Clean, modern minimalist? Organic shapes? Ornate designs?

I can highly recommend Trios Studio They do very fine work, owners are 3 accomplished women~do their own benchwork and waxes, etc.

As you can see from their website, they work with many pearls and gemstones. They have done work for me, and I have visited their shop numerous times. They also have connections to Columbia Gem House and fair trade gemstones.

Last edited:
Relysa,

Are you in the US? I think you said you are.

What kind of designs do you prefer? Clean, modern minimalist? Organic shapes? Ornate designs?

I can highly recommend Trios Studio They do very fine work, owners are 3 accomplished women~do their own benchwork and waxes, etc.

As you can see from their website, they work with many pearls and gemstones. They have done work for me, and I have visited their shop numerous times. They also have connections to Columbia Gem House and fair trade gemstones.

Hi Pattye,
Yes, I'm here in the US. I love organic designs, but leaning towards modern rather than vintage, simple designs but screaming elegance :).
Thank you for your suggestion. Which jewelry pieces have they done for you? Have you tried other jewelers too or you just go to them when you have custom project? How are their pricing compared to other jewelers?

Relysa,

They made a number of Oregon Sunstone pendants for me, a custom order for a client. Right now I'm not in the market for custom pieces myself. I have admired their work for as long as their studio has been open, and our mutual love for Sea of Cortez pearls in particular is a bond also. I have seen and admired many pieces of their pearl and gemstone work in person. I'd say as far as price, they are fair. Price is so difficult to comment on and subjective, too.

Sorry for the delay in answering; I was traveling yesterday, and missed your post.

Relysa,

They made a number of Oregon Sunstone pendants for me, a custom order for a client. Right now I'm not in the market for custom pieces myself. I have admired their work for as long as their studio has been open, and our mutual love for Sea of Cortez pearls in particular is a bond also. I have seen and admired many pieces of their pearl and gemstone work in person. I'd say as far as price, they are fair. Price is so difficult to comment on and subjective, too.

Sorry for the delay in answering; I was traveling yesterday, and missed your post.

No worries, I am in no hurry , still need to decide on pearls to buy.

I know price is dependent on the skills and quality of the work, and the quality of other gemstones added to it.

Thank you for your response! :)

Back