Need Help regarding Mikimoto Pearl Pearls - HELP

I guess that shows you how rare exquisite water is. The most likely cultured pearls to display it are the p maxima. I think they are the prime natural pearls to show it, too. I wonder how thick the nacre is on that pearl -or even the Paspaley pearls in general.

Hi Caitlin and All,

I have started going thru Tom's site and I do remember having a look ages ago. Oh, they are so beautiful. He is one lucky man or extremely enterprising and intelligent man, probably both.

I am going to over the next few days read all I can as I thought what I was seeing was "water" - just goes to show. :( BTW - still think they were beautiful. Regardless.

I am going to take all my naturals into strong light and different lights and see if I can see any of the much wanted "water". I actually think one piece might have it but like I said sometimes we see what we want to see :) But this one pearl looks different from the rest. Not as round, not as pretty a setting but there is something about it, that makes me want to keep it above all. Maybe that is it - "water" - anyway I will hang to that hope until I examine every which way.

Thanks for all the info and feedback.

Dawn, eBay ID dawncee333

The pearl in the picture looked like it had been dipped in a very thick coating of iridescent glass. If only you could see it in person! ;)

I think Sarah once posted a picture of the pick of her crop and I would swear one of her pearls had water, although of course what do I know as a newbie. I'd love it if someone more experienced would check it out, and say if I'm right or wrong in my impression.

Well, it wasn't a post of Sarah's. It was about a Kasumiga-ura harvest, posted by Mikhael of Belpearl, in the Freshwater pearls forum. Now to figure out how to get a pic from one post to another...

Last edited:
Back