Natural Combinations

Oh, Blaire dear, you and Octavia know me far too well!:D Yes, I had to get up early and transfer $$ to cover my check!!! As always, You made me laugh so hard!!

How wonderful if there was a You tube link, so more of you could hear Steve playing--I have no idea how one does that. But it wouldn't be quite the same--not at all sure the intensity and power would translate, to music felt with the whole body, not just heard with the ears. Believe me, I was not the only one who felt that way!

Yes, Nerida, it was a truly sensuous day! I did have to hold off on the wine because I drove up and back the same day and got home at 1am. (about 200 miles each way.) In my old age I have gotten rather attached to my own pillow-----besides, why spend money on motel rooms when one can spend it on pearls???;)

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Oh, Blaire dear, you and Octavia know me far too well!:D Yes, I had to get up early and transfer $$ to cover my check!!! As always, You made me laugh so hard!!

But did you snort? I'll know I've really succeeded...

Caitlin needs to move close to you when she decamps Tucson. I have a buddy in Seattle. I figure we can have an annual sleepover at her house after Steve gives us a mini-concert/wine tasting/pearl viewing! I can cook! Muah hah ha!!! :eek:

It's NOT good to snort when eating chocolate chips!!!!

Pattye

p.s. Love that plan!!

Pattye,

Out with clients all day today, just home now and reading your kind report and all the terrific follow-up.

Your 400-mile roundtrip effort was so much appreciated by Almudena and me. It was such a pleasure to meet and to personally experience the kindness and sincerity that are so evident in your posts. I'm encouraged to think that a gathering of PGers?whether here, in Tucson, or on a South Pacific atoll?would be an objective well worth pursuing!

How great that the Cook Islands keshi bracelet "#2" not only has a deserving home in spectacular company, but a beautiful name as well!

YouTube: I think that a member of the group we led through Northern Spain last month caught me playing Alb?niz at one point. I'll check to see if he has any plans for it.

Now, to my own pillow?

Thanks, Sueki,

There are some issues with the magnetic clasps not holding well, so until that is resolved, no wearing outside the house! But I've spent a lot of time trying it on today, and admiring it!

Pattye

Shouldn't be a problem for you, my girl......:)

Oh Pattye! I'm soooo pleased that the bracelet is yours! Octavia is proud of you for blowing your savings on the things that really count...;)

Er, what are savings ?? :D

I'm a complete Chopin freak, the Revolutionary Study though just escapes me - much more of a nocturne player - always listening for those haunting, angsty, inner melodies Chopin was so fabulous at composing.
Chopin was a sensitive soul who offered nothing for pure show?unlike his antithesis, Liszt. But the studies are definitely quite a bit of work for just a couple minutes of music!

Pattye: Forgot to comment on your freeform abalone pearl pendant, the most amazing such piece I've seen, both sides absolutely unblemished, intensely colored and iridescent?and the little twist at the 'waist' couldn't have been rendered more effectively by a gifted sculptor to provide inner tension. While quite a bit smaller than I had guessed from your posts, it is far more beautiful than I could have imagined.

?and those huge platinum baroque SSs from Carolyn were equally incredible!

Chopin was a sensitive soul who offered nothing for pure show?unlike his antithesis, Liszt. But the studies are definitely quite a bit of work for just a couple minutes of music!
I've always felt my heart touched directly by Chopin's music...and so never even tried to play any Liszt. I think my dad helped me cultivate that bias.
Please do let us know if you get a video up on you tube.

Oh yes, the amazing Keshi bracelets, well, they were both studied and admired, and I "saved" bracelet #2 from being returned to the Cook Is. We decided to name it La Almudena- perfect, don't you think!??

Pattye, I'm so glad that bracelet was saved from a return trip to the Cooks. That is quite a sacrifice you had to make ;-)

I loved those magnetic clasps, but I have problems with the magnets falling out of the clasp. They are rarely lost because they stick to the other half of the the magnet, but what a pain in the neck-- And thinking of those people I gave pieces with magnetic clasps too.

Actually Bella Findings has a magnetic clasp I like and it does not come apart, but it is hard to fasten or unfasten sometimes. I think Bella now has a larger version (mine are about 6mm X 14mm long including the loops. LINK for the smaller clasp
LINK to another magnetic clasp of the same style. I think it is larger because it has more grams in a hundred of them. One the larger one, you can see the interesting interlocking feature that makes it very, very hard to come loose accidentally.

Yes, John, I'm a True and Authentic Martyr when I have to be----!!;)

The issue with this magnetic clasp is that the 2 pieces don't have a notch to keep them from turning and breaking the attraction. I can see the notch on ones you linked to, Caitlin. Thank you! This current connection is very strong when pulled straight, but if either half of the clasp (which is a very nice 14k wg) gets bumped sidewise--well, you get the picture. Steve is working on a solution with the jeweler, so he will keep me advised----------

Pattye

Please do let us know if you get a video up on you tube.
The anticipated little interlude?

('Sevilla' from Suite Espa?ola, Isaac Alb?niz, performed for a group of American wine professionals at Bodegas Condado de Haza in Spain's Ribera del Duero wine region. Performed on a Steingraeber grand piano sold to the estate by yours truly. No pearls anywhere in sight, but someday plan on MOP tops for those keys!)

Just beautiful, thank you Steve.
Now I'm off to bed all relaxed and happy.

Steve - thank you for the lovely interlude - beautiful playing, and the piano is gorgeous! I would love to hear the piano in person - the tone must be amazing for it to sound that good via video, via you tube etc.

Thanks for the treat.

The anticipated little interlude?

('Sevilla' from Suite Espa?ola, Isaac Alb?niz, performed for a group of American wine professionals at Bodegas Condado de Haza in Spain's Ribera del Duero wine region. Performed on a Steingraeber grand piano sold to the estate by yours truly. No pearls anywhere in sight, but someday plan on MOP tops for those keys!)

Simply beautiful and sensitive playing. I'm feeling inspired. Thank you for sharing!

Steve,

That is awesome music making!! Thanks so much! Encore, encore! :)
Just got home from babysitting the grandkids---------

Pattye

Digging up this old thread, a return to original focus is in order?combining natural golden pipi (P. Maculata) pearls from the Cook Islands with abalone pearls, in this case a beautiful H. fulgens wing-shaped pearl from American waters.

This week we're taking these two pearls to a talented local jeweler for setting. The poe pipi, a nice 5mm round, is half-drilled from a prior ring setting. The ab has a marvelous, lustrous surface with that one blemish. The pipi, in place of the blemish, should shine like the sun in the sky.

Not sure if pendant (slide or enhancer) or broach is the right solution here, the size is certainly adaptable to either.

Attachments

• Ab-Pipi-Pendant.jpg
    Ab-Pipi-Pendant.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 40
Back