Natural Abalone Pearls

I am looking for guidance: could anybody maybe direct me to a source of natural loose abalone pearls, ideally sold as individuals (or matched pairs)?
I am dreaming of a colour-mismatched but roughly size-matched little pair of baroque/off rounds in the 4-6mm range.

Thanks! Both rather have larger and far from round ones on display but I'll ask!

Found a pair just like I wanted ... unsure about the asking price though, I just don't know enough about these special abalone pearly pretties to know whether it's in the usual range.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 21.27.17.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 21.27.17.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 21.59.29.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 21.59.29.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 51
She really does! Thank you everyone for their replies and encouragement!

Can anybody please buy these (on Etsy)? Please?! I need the temptation to go away :)

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 13.40.23.jpg

They come up if you search for "natural abalone pearls". $375

But darn, looking at them again, I realized I had to have them. I have been looking for earrings to coordinate with an abalone horn pendant I have. Sorry about that, parfaitelumiere!

This forum can be a very evil place...it is all your fault, Morella!!!

Last edited:
They come up if you search for "natural abalone pearls". $375

But darn, looking at them again, I realized I had to have them. I have been looking for earrings to coordinate with an abalone horn pendant I have. Sorry about that, parfaitelumiere!

This forum can be a very evil place...it is all your fault, Morella!!!
Do post a photo of the earrings when you're done!

Dear all, could I please get your input about drilling natural abalone pearls. Do you do it? Do you prefer to sand/roughen small pearls (say 3-5mm) and glue them only or put them into some kind of cage/bezel setting? I have two small loose undrilled pearls on the way and I am both scared to give them to my local goldsmith to drill but also scared of them falling off my earrings. What do you think? Thanks!

If you are unsure about your local jeweler, Try contacting one of the online pearl vendors like Pearl Paradise and see what they recommend because all they do is pearls and findings for pearls.

Back