My pearls

Thank you eolian pearls, lisa c and CortezPearls. I really like those keshis as well. And I only had to remove two, those are more golden, I might use them for earrings or something. Yesterday I made another rope, well I was going to make a bracelet...I missed my deep golden circled south sea bracelet, but I like the two ombre strands to much to remake them. However I did have that giant 14-16mm circled medium golden south sea strand that I bought from Pearlescence last spring. I did make a bracelet, but the pearls were just to big. Then I played around with some of those greenish golden south sea pearls from Kongspearl that I had in my leftover pile. It is big! 33 inches long and the pearls are between 9,8-16,6mm. Not-husband didn't approve, he doesn't like big pearls (not that I listen...). But I kind of like it. It's like one of those giant gold chains, but pearls. Me and the cats might have to go into the music industry now.
Then I made another rope with those green akoyas from Pearlescence. They haven't found their right place yet since I removed the white south sea pearls, to make yet another rope. This time I combined them with some favorite circled tahitians and some of those golden south sea ripples pearls from Pearlescence (the champagney ones). I haven't decided about this one yet.
Today it has been snowing and raining, the weather cannot make up it's mind, so no pretty frost patterns.

My latest ropemaking efforts. A giant golden and greenish golden south sea rope, the biggest pearl is 16,6mm and many of the other pearls not far from it. The rope is 33 inches and heavy, I was wearing it yesterday and couldn't believe how lustrous it was. It's not as lustrous as my white south sea strand from Cees, but then nothing is. I did get some photos on the window sill at home, that window sill needs repainting but then the window needs some attention as well since it's close to 90 years old. I try getting better photos this weekend.
_20210120_101811.jpg
_20210120_101904.jpg
It's pretty much made out of this strand from Pearlescence and all of my leftover greenish golden south sea pearls from Kongspearl.
_20201003_145702.jpg
Since I took all of the white south sea pearls from this strand.
_20201101_151826.jpg
I liked that strand but didn't use it all that much anymore. After making this white south sea rope the green akoyas from Pearlescence was all left out.
_20201219_154758.jpg
I tried combining them with some pretty pastelly circled tahitians.
_20201219_153737.jpg
But it still wasn't right. Last weekend I combined those pearls with some champagney south sea ripple pearls from Pearlescence and I think that I added some more circled tahitians as well. Now it's a 32 inches long rope and the pearls are between 7-10,5mm. It looks so small next to the golden rope. Most things does.
_20210120_101621.jpg
Since I removed all of the darkest pearls, to use in my black and white strand
_20201219_161701.jpg
And most pastel and blue circled pearls from that circled multicolored tahitian rope that I made a while ago. I basically removed all my favorites, I was left with mostly peacock pearls, not a favorite of mine. Probably because they look brown and muddy when worn in some lights. Silver, grey and blue always looks good. I made a 20 inches long strand and a bracelet but I haven't worn them at all. Then I remembed when I realised that peacock pearls looks great with the golden south sea ripple pearls.
_20200830_134038.jpg
So I am thinking about sacrificing a bracelet...and combining them with the peacocks. Might work.
_20210120_102429.jpg
_20210116_182048.jpg
_20201101_152658.jpg

Last edited:
Charlotta you’re so talented! I wish I could learn how to string like you do! I will need a one on one to learn...maybe some day...
Your new Keshi rope is lovely and your Tahitian is very pretty! It’s so fun that you can change the length and pattern of your necklaces!
I will not know what to wear on a daily basis!
I have many pieces but I usually take a set of pearl jewelry (I’m always wearing pearls) and stick with it sometimes for months at a time, so when I get to change it feels like I’m wearing a brand new set of jewelry lol! I do love to layer!

Thank you Lilpearl. I did the same thing initially, and wore the pieces like they were originally made. I started buying pearls that wasn't already strung and somewhere at some point I decided that it didn't matter if someone once combined those exact pearls into a strand, bracelet or whatever. It didn't matter that I lost control over those early pearls and didn't know where I got them. I could have fun with them and if something turned out to be really ugly, then I just cut it apart again. It was more difficult to cut apart those vintage akoyas, that I had gotten so many of. One of the first ones I remade was my first tassel. I had intended to make the tassel out of tiny off round metallic freshwaters, but the drillholes were to small. I got really upset by that, especially since I live 1-2 months away from most deliveries. Even express shipping takes forever sometimes. I wanted to make a tassel so bad that I got out all of my pearls to see what would work. I took the one with the prettiest akoyas. After that I could pretty much remake anything. Except for some holy grail pearls like my rainbow strand. Sometimes remakes looks horrible and then sometimes they become new favorites quite unexpected.

I have some better photos of my new huge golden south sea rope. The really big medium golden south sea pearls are from Pearlescence and the greenish ones from Kongspearl. Funnily enough I thought that those green pearls would be champagne. I still haven't gotten any champagne south sea strand.
_20210123_165044.jpg
_20210123_164958.jpg
_20210123_164932.jpg
What do you mean about them being huge you might ask. Well this is the rope next to my wavestrand. The biggest pearls in this wavestrand is 8mm.
_20210123_164629.jpg
With my deep golden south sea strand from Cees
_20210123_164857.jpg
And with my newly made mixed golden and white south sea strand. This one is made with white south sea pearls from Pearlescence and OceansRhyme, the golden south sea pearls are from Kongspearl.
_20210123_164816.jpg
_20210123_162715.jpg

Really nice pics! And lovely strands...I specially loved your combo of the golden and mixed strand...it is perfect for a book on pearls :)
Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos of your beautiful jewelry.

I think your whole kit is wonderful. Your eye for design is pure pleasure for me

Thank you CortezPearls and lisa c. If you write the book CortezPearls, you can borrow the photo. Or Wendy could borrow it if she writes another one. I have preordered a copy of her new book, can't wait to read it. I love pearl books.
Lisa c, I have more remakes coming up soon.

I also has some new photos of my really long tahitian rope (Cees and Druzydesign) and of my ombre tahitian keshi rope from Druzydesign.
_20210123_164522.jpg
The colors are amazing.
_20210123_164416.jpg
_20210123_164337.jpg
_20210123_164301.jpg
These two big pearls are probably my favorites.
_20210123_164446.jpg
Keshi rope and tassel.
_20210123_155541.jpg
_20210123_160821.jpg
_20210123_160717.jpg
Some amazing pearls in this rope with very quirky shapes.
_20210123_160350.jpg
_20210123_160559.jpg
_20210123_160519.jpg
_20210123_160003.jpg
And one of my white south sea rope (mainly Pearlescence)
_20210123_152314.jpg
Love that south sea rope.

I remade that green akoya and circled tahitian strand last week and added those champagney golden south sea ripple pearls from the bracelet. Both the green akoyas and the south sea pearls are from Pearlescence. I do like the strand more now. This is the before photo
_20201219_153737.jpg
And then with the champagne pearls
_20210124_153939.jpg
_20210124_154037.jpg
_20210124_154112.jpg
It's a bit more warmtoned than my blue akoya (Pearlescence) and drop tahitian rope.
_20210124_153904.jpg
_20210124_153833.jpg

Always love looking your thread, Charlotta, there's always something new and beautiful happening!

Thank you Happy Huka. I am just in the process of creating yet another strand. I bought an 9,1-9,5mm ice blue akoyas from Pearlescence that just arrived. Much bigger than my other akoyas. Pretty and shiny. I have tried some tahitians, pale golden south sea pearls, purple beadnucleated freshwaters. The purple pearls looks great with them, but then purple isn't my favorite color, unless it's in a rainbow arrangement. Now I am thinking about using a red jasper carved skull as a centerpiece. I could add two red jasper scarab beads as well but I probably woun't. The red looks very pretty with the pale blue and unlike the purple pearls very fresh looking. Blue and red is two colors I love together, like blue jeans and a red sweater. I might string that up later. And since I got my purple pearls out of the fishing gear box that is my leftover pile I might also do a stretch bracelet out of them with a purple phosphosiderite carved skull to hide the knot.
By the way I did also buy two pairs if earrings from Pearlescence, a beautiful pair of sage green 8,4mm tahitian studs and a really cleaver pair of dangly shepherd hooks earrings. Wendy made those shepherd hooks herself and instread of that round blob at front she added tiny white freshwater pearls. Beautiful green Robert Wan pearls are hanging from the hooks. I could change the hanging pearls for other ones if I wanted some variety, but probably woun't since the combination of those white freshwaters and the silvery green tahitians are so stunning.

Last edited:
They are quite different the silver blue akoyas and the green ones when I put them next to each other.
_20210123_163651.jpg
_20210123_163726.jpg
_20210123_163439.jpg
I also did mix those peacock circled with the golden south sea ripple pearls from Pearlescence.
_20210123_163327.jpg
They reminds me of my black and white south sea and tahitian strand, but I kind of prefer the black and white one.
_20210123_163155.jpg
It's not that the peacock and golden strand isn't pretty but well I still don't think that the golden pearls are the right combination for them.

I really wasn't happy with that peacock tahitian strand with the golden south sea pearls from Pearlescence. So I gave up on them and made 2 stretch bracelets out of them, with carved red jasper scarab beads. I also remade the golden ripple bracelet again. It's to cold for photos so those have to wait.
Remember that ice blue akoya strand that I bought from Pearlescence. Well I made a necklace out of them with a carved red jasper skull as a centerpiece. It was pretty and all, and the akoyas quite large for akoyas, 9,1-9,5mm, but lacking something. So today I made 2 stretch bracelets out of them, each with a carved red jasper skull. They are perfect now and I can stare at them all the time.

Thank you JerseyPearl. It's so fun playing with pearls. And sometimes I end up with something that I couldn't even have imagined and use all the time. Like when the cats knocked over my beading board twice and not-husband accidentally knocked some of them into the dishwasher. Those were retrieved, except for one small south sea pearl that I found months later. That retrieved pearl looks good as new, even though I had used the dishwasher many times with the pearl in it, and those dishwasher tablets are pretty harsh. After examening tha pearl I promptly dropped it and still haven't retrieved it from under the dishwasher (it's an old house, not easily done. Probably more small pearls under it). Anyway after having rearranged those pearls several times I ended up with my pelosi-like strand that I love. My precious.
_20210117_210242.jpg
_20210117_210307.jpg

Well I might as well post some photos from the kitchen window sill at home, without the benefit of the outdoors room at the summercabin. It's suppose to be cold all february, to cold to stay at the summercabin at least. Today it's really cold, a mist and what appears to be sunshine above the mist. Some of the photos are very bright because of it. First my two new ice blue akoya bracelet from Pearlescence with red jasper skulls to hide the knot. They are much prettier in real life.
_20210131_114527.jpg
_20210131_114442.jpg
_20210131_114357.jpg
If I can I always makes two stretch bracelets. I like to wear them together above my fitbits clock on my left arm. They don't bang into stuff as much on that arm I've noticed. I also made a purple beadnucleated freshwater bracelet with a carved purple phosphosiderite skull.
_20210131_114243.jpg
Then those peacock tahitian bracelet with carved red jasper scarab beads. I have given up on those pearls. Pretty as bracelets though.
_20210131_114637.jpg
_20210131_114557.jpg
My new Pearlescence earrings. Somewhat bright photos but the studs have a lovely sage green color, not a hint of pink (yay) and the shepherds hooks earrings are a pretty silvery green.
_20210131_113429.jpg
_20210131_113351.jpg
_20210131_113235.jpg
Then I did buy three bracelets from cmw pearls. I like buying those 7,5-8 inches strands. Perfect for bracelets or for my own remakes. I accually have 8 inches of circled golden south sea pearls coming from Druzydesign as well some day...from when the postal service of sweden wakes up from their hibernation. I have been missing my deep golden south sea bracelet since I cut it up last summer. Anyway I bought a blue circled tahitian drop strand, a green to golden green tahitian circled strand and a tahitian rainbow strand. I saw that rainbow strand on Instagram and was fortunate enough to buy it as soon as they posted it on their site. Apparantly they post their new pearls when I have my breakfast break at work. It's not the same as my rainbow strand, that one is my holy grail strand, but very pretty. Of course as you know I love everything rainbow or ombre. When I tried making stretch bracelets out of them the stretch cord broken twice. It was not meant to be so I knotted them with clasps instead. I don't want to be wearing knotted bracelets to work so I linked them together and wore them with my ombre blue and silver waverope (Pearlescence and Cees) and my green and pink tahitian studs from Pearlescence one day and my blue akoya and drop tahitian rope with my new sage green tahitian studs from Pearlescence another day. Now I have linked the rainbow one and the golden green one together with an 4 inches long tahitian extender and added a green banded tahitian enhancer a la eolian pearls. I love this combination, so colorful.
_20210131_113624.jpg
_20210131_114040.jpg
_20210131_114128.jpg
They look better if you squint, the photos that is.
_20210131_115803.jpg
_20210131_115837.jpg
Also the dark version
_20210131_120054.jpg
The blue bracelet, perfect with all my blue tahitian strands.
_20210131_113539.jpg
_20210131_113510.jpg
I didn't add this bracelet to the blue ombre rope, the pearls are a little bigger, close to 10mm.

Oh Charlotta I have already swooned at your bracelets/ necklace creation and now I am swooning at ice akoyas!!! I have been admiting these ar Pearlescence site for quite some time, I am happy to be able to see these again :) All your new additions are fantastic, lucky about that breakfast break time :)
Oh and the blues!!!!Real blue... so so pretty!!!!

Back