My pearls

I did some quick searches on ebay and etsy for overtones and colors. Well that was no fun. Mostly dyed pearls. Maybe they don't grow the freshwater pearls like that anymore. Mostly beadnucleated maybe? Anyway, yesterday I did restring both my vintage akoyas and deep golden wavestrands. I wanted some of those south sea pearls, that are 7-8mm in size, for my mixed 7-8 strand. I haven't restrung those since I made them anyway. You can barely tell that I removed 8 south sea pearls, I also removed the two former centerpearls from when the akoyas was a double strand. They are also 8 mm and looks really nice with the golden pearls. The shorter strand is still 18 inches, I only took 2 south sea pearls and added two akoyas. The rope was 37 inches and are now 34. The harvest.
_20200819_194942.JPG
The deep golden south sea pearls are from Cees, the akoyas are oldish. Bought them from a canadian antique dealer.
_20200819_194854.jpg
I have to sort through the white south sea pearls I took from the iridescence rope as well. Some are slightly to big. The remade wavestrand with the deep golden south sea studs I bought from Oceanscove.
_20200819_195032.jpg
_20200819_195139.jpg
The waverope
_20200819_194210.jpg
_20200819_194458.jpg
_20200819_194423.jpg
_20200819_194257.jpg
Lets just hope that my mixed strand looks good when I compose it.

Thank you Incik Boncuk and Bweaves. Ombre strand are my favorite as well, and I love to run my hands over a wavestrand. I always play with that rope when I wear it.

In order to get more white south sea pearls with the right size I had to restring my green akoya and white south sea rope as well as my blue akoya and white south sea rope, exchanging some of the smaller white south sea pearls. I added two inches on the blue and white strand since I had some spare blue akoyas and white south sea pearls, so it's now 31 inches long, the green one is 34. The green one.
_20200820_185539.jpg
_20200820_185200.jpg
The blue one.
_20200820_185658.jpg
_20200820_185618.jpg
Now I have 8 white south sea pearls, 8 deep golden south sea pearls and 2 ivory vintage akoya pearls for my project. One of the white south pearls have a blue blob in it, so pretty. I tried to photograph it but it's to blurry.
_20200820_185059.jpg
_20200820_184953.jpg
Now I just have to add the tahitians.

Love them all, but I'm getting them all confused, like when I go to family reunions and don't know which of my nieces and nephews belong to which of my second cousins.

Thank you Bweaves and Pattye. That’s so funny Bweaves. I have no problem keeping tabs on pearls, people on the other hand. If I don't meet them regularly then I most often cannot remember the name or the connection I have to them. That was really difficult at my fathers funeral last year. The church was full, then there were a line from the church to the grave about a 100 meters or so full of people that wanted to condole. Many were relatives or family friends that I hadn't seen for years. They all knew who I was...well I pretended to know who they were of course but it was awkward. Today I have been restringing pearls that needed restringing, I found a frayed tread on my rainbow strand a dirty knot on my best golden strand and so forth.

Yesterday whilst restringing strands I notised how nice some drop tahitian pearls from this strand
_20200705_150212.jpg
Looked next to some silvery blue akoyas in this strand
_20200814_164214.jpg
Well the scissors were close...I removed some of the most colorful tahitians, the peacocks and so, it looks really nice now. It's 33,5 inches long.
_20200822_123244.jpg
_20200822_123214.jpg
_20200822_123050.jpg
It looks great with my mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove.
_20200822_122637.jpg
I did manage to remake the blue akoya and golden south sea rope, it's now 28,5 inches, with a little less blue pearls. But it looks great as well.
_20200822_123620.jpg
_20200822_123652.jpg
_20200822_123730.jpg
_20200822_123517.jpg
I manage to knot my shoulders as well, at least it feels like that. I did a lot of restringing.

Wow Charlotta, you’re kind of scary-good at this. I was afraid for your blue and gold necklace, but it actually does look better! More sunlight, more warmth. You’ve got an awesome Eye, a real gift.

Thank you lisa c. I really do love playing with colors, I always have. I have a vivid memory of me coloring with crayons in a coloring book as a child. I might have been about 4 years old. I tried combining yellow with some purple and got nautious by the result. It was that hideous. Nowadays I know that I can combine any color if the shade is right. You are making me blush though. By the way have you all seen that coloring books has become quite popular among adults, granted more complicated versions but still. I haven't tried any but one of not-husbands daughters says they are relaxing. Obviously she hasn't tried pearl teraphy. Not-husband got me a step-measuring clock for my birthday a bit back (because I asked him to). It's really cool and mesures the heartrate and all. When I play with my pearls my heartrate goes down.

Well, you’ve surely got the Eye!

With pearl therapy, Me too! My sister says she can tell on the phone when I’m de-stressing with pearls. She says my voice gets mellow and I sound hypnotized. I’m just grateful.

Thank you lisa c, I haven't yet found my eye for my mixed pearl strand. Those small tahitians from Druzydesign arrived, very pretty pearls. They did not look good with my deep golden and my white south sea pearls. Both the tahitians and The golden south sea pearls are rather dark, it just looked harsh. Then I tried them with some peacock circled bigger tahitians at random spaced, wasn't good either. Then with a single purple tahitian in the middle, to short strand and I still don't like it. I am going to try with some white south seas next. If that doesn't work I order some more small pearls and make a multicolored 7-8mm tahitian strand without the additional other pearls. There is also the carved skulls from augustus-collection, but they haven't arrived yet. No photos of my efforts. Vacation is over, light is dreadful at home. Back to work and +16000 steps a day. No wonder my feet hurts at night. I also might have found a solution on that mixed tahitian and south sea strand I wanted to make. I had put those white and deep golden south sea pearls on the beading board, then the rest of my leftover south sea pearls from when I tried fixing the harsh design. Then I randomly played with them all. Really big white south sea pearls, circled medium golden ones, thedeep golden small ones and the white small, some light golden very baroque ones. It looked surprisingly good. Then not-husband knocked some pearls into the dishwater whilst emtying it, by accident. I was the one who forgotten them on the counter. Rescued the pearls, rearranged them since I didn't remember the original placement. And added those abandoned peacocks. It still looks good. I might just string it up and wear it, to se if I like it.

Last edited:
Thank you Bweaves. The "pelosi" strand of white south sea, golden south sea, 2 akoyas and peacock tahitians turned out quite well. I take some photos soon.

Oooh, I love the new South Sea re-do! Do your pearls start to shake with fear when the scissors come out? :)

Charlotta, you have the most beautiful collection of pearls and your strand designs are stunning. I look at your thread often to gather more information about pearls, their gorgeous colours and shapes.

Thank you Bridie and welcome to the forum. I hope that you will like it here.

Wow Charlotta!
I've been lurking on your pearls the last few days ����
You have a beautiful collection and a great eye to match the colours.

Thank you Rianne and Marianne. The pearls indeed shake with fear when I grip the scissors. Haha.

Back