My latest pretties!

pearlkrazy

I just moved last week & decided I needed a little present after all that hard work (I'm really good at the pearl buying excuses).

I bought this lovely jet & pearl set from Pattye's website. To me it has a real deco-ish feel which I love!

deconecklace.jpg

It also came with a pair of earrings, that to be honest I didn't pay too much attention to when I ordered. BUT... in person, they are stunning! Great with the necklace & on their own.

deco.jpg

I'm thinking maybe I should move more often :D

Hi Pearlkrazy - nice pickup! Looks fantastic as a set, and yes, very art-deco ish..

Nicely crafted pieces, Pattye!

There's something magnetic and tactile about those jet beads. I'd like to put them on a table and roll the strand around. Bet they are calming to hold--is that what worry beads are for?

Dramatic and beautiful!
CarolK

Last edited:
Pearlkrazy,

What an absolutely wonderful surprise to wake up to!! You look just gorgeous modeling that necklace and earrings! You wear them soooooo well, Sigh, on your gorgeous young neck!!!!!!

Yes, jet is fossilized coal--it is much lighter in weight than equivalent in quartz would be.

Thanks much for all your nice comments, Everyone! Mervione, I need to get busy and list more pendants------

Pearlkrazy,

What an absolutely wonderful surprise to wake up to!! You look just gorgeous modeling that necklace and earrings! You wear them soooooo well, Sigh, on your gorgeous young neck!!!!!!

Yes, jet is fossilized coal--it is much lighter in weight than equivalent in quartz would be.

Thanks much for all your nice comments, Everyone! Mervione, I need to get busy and list more pendants------

Thank you! I hope my neck stays young for many years to come ;)

I was hesitant to buy pearls on etsy, because you never really know what quailty you'll end up with, but I knew a fellow pearl-guider would have the good stuff :D

Very nice! It's amazing that we don't see more jet jewelry today. Maybe it's because it gained fame as funeral jewelry in the 19th century. Anyway, have a great time with it, maybe you could keep your eyes open for something made from Whitby jet (as in the Whitby in Yorkshire). It's very good quality and takes an incredible shine.

Beautiful necklace and earrings set! I love jet and really don't see it that often. Great job Pattye!

Fabulous necklace, Pearlkrazy and Pattye.
I love black and white together.....

True, jet is soft, but I've got jet pieces that are 150 years old and they have retained their high polish. Just don't chuck them in with all your other jewellery. :)

Back