My first Tahitian strand

Lady_Disdain

I know this isn't much considering everything in the Ruckus, but I just got my first Tahitian strand. They are multicolored circled drops, 8-10mm. The lightbox does make the colours too bright, but the colours include silvers, bronzes, greens, purples and two curious yellow pearls. I particularly love how some of the circles are different colours. My husband clapped eyes on them and said they looked almost metallic (he is not a pearl guy so he hit on the term completely by accident).

Of course, they are far from perfect. The pearls have blemishes, but I find I can live with them, since the colour, luster and circles help to hide them.

I confess I am feeling like it might be a little too good to be true. Am I missing something here?

P1060125.jpg

They are so colorful, that is the mystery of Tahitians they grab a hold of you in an unexpected way. So pretty!

Last edited:
What a great first Tahitian purchase, LD! I'm a huge fan of colorful ringed pearls. They seem to have nice luster too!

It's a pretty strand! The nice thing about multicolored strands is that they still look multi no matter what the lighting.
I'm also very fond of circled pearls. :)

Congratulations on your first Tahitian strand! You have now just slid down the rabbit hole because one is never enough. The strand is beautiful and I just love the mix of colors. Enjoy your new beauty.

Love the variation of colors and shapes! You will have fun wearing these :)

WOW, those are beautiful and unique first strand of Tahitians!! The colors are captivating, I love looking at them! Enjoy them!

No, you're not missing a thing ... those circled Tahitians are exotic, fascinating and wonderful ... circled Tahitians often have magical color effects!

Oh, yes, they are addictive! For some reason, I feel I just need a strand of ovals or rounds as well. And maybe a few more to extend this strand to 24 inches. Eventually, a strand with much fewer blemishes. What have I gotten myself into!

My original plan was to take this strand apart and use the drops individually. Yeah, right. That plan has flown right out of the window. I keep carrying the pearls around with me, looking at them in different lights and trying to pick a favourite. I need to reorder the pearls, since some are clearly out of place (too small) and the string is unbalanced. I am also thinking of adding a central oval pearl, so the drops flow into it both ways and it also takes care of the change of direction, which I think sometimes looks awkward.

And a clasp, of course. Rose gold would look good with the blueish silver but a white metal might work better overall. Or yellow gold. Agh - decisions, decisions, decisions.

I agree with the others - circled Tahitians have so much beautiful color and character. Congratulations on your first strand!

Lovely strand. great colours. Don't be afraid to move the pearls around though. I can see three silvery ones together and swapping the middle one for one on the other side might balance the strand better (or might not) . You are allowed to play around!

Each pearl is unique and has so much character. Beautiful!

LD you are smitten right? Tahitians can be really addictive... You think you are done and have all the colors in your collection and BAM you find another pair/strand/pendant with the most lovely colors that you can't walk away from. That's how it's been for me for a while...

Gorgeous colors! I love ringed Tahitians, they're so interesting.

Oh, LD..they are beautiful. Tahitians are such special pearls. Cheers to the first of what I'm sure will be a great collection :)

Back