My first project - a graduated pearl tassel

KatalinPG

This is my first post in "The Lowly Beaders Club", and I hope, it belongs here. I was admiring all of the tassels made by Purranha and others, and I thought to myself, give it a try. So I ordered my pearls from Wen, and a tassel cap also from Etsy. I even asked in a post, how to attach the pearls to the tassel, and with some really good ideas I begun my project. I know, there are some things, which could be more nicely done, but as I told, this is my first project, I have to learn a lot.

This is my tassel at this moment:
2.jpg

Unfortunately I have to wait for some more pearls, because Wen sent me the wrong quantity from 3 mm pearls, so I have to wait for the next shipment. It could take at about 2 weeks to arrive. The tassel is going to have 12 line's, now I only have 5.
I'm quit satisfied, I just have to find some tool to cut the thread between the pearls after I made the final knot. Do you have any idea? At this moment I use small scissors, but it is not the best solution, as PowerPro is quite hard to cut.

Very nice, I was looking forward to seeing a version with pearls, thanks for sharing.

Wow, really wonderful! From which Etsy store did you source the tassel cap, it's beautiful! You can use a thread zapper to melt the ends of the cut thread, which makes them a bit more neat. You should be able to buy one at a craft store. I can't wait to see the finished product...those little pearls look beautiful!!!

Thank you for all your reply! Means a lot to me! I don't have a zapper, maybe I look for one, but in the meantime i can try your suggetion LD! Very good idea!

JerseyPearl - The tassel cap is from ideejewelrybeads, but this was the only one from this type, although they still have other ones, which are equally interesting and beautiful.

That came out beautifully! I love how you did the ends, they look really great.

And I agree with the zapper suggestion if you can find one. Cutting PowerPro is such a pain but a zapper goes right through it.

Can't wait to see the final result!

Katalin., hope you don't mind, but I so wanted to see this vertical ... it's going to be very pretty!

TasselRSU.jpg

Looks beautiful, Katalin. I've been trying to engineer the best method for creating a tassel. Love the bead cap!

Tassel building is in my future too and seeing everyone's projects makes me feel so behind! That's going to be a very pretty tassel. What are you going to attach it to?

Hey Katalin, I sent you a message!

Looks beautiful, Katalin. I've been trying to engineer the best method for creating a tassel. Love the bead cap!

There are some old, out of copyright books on tassel and other passamanerie making. Tassels got to be very ornate during the Victorian period (like everything else). I think I've downloaded a couple from Project Gutenberg or a similar site.

After a long time my missing seed pearls arrived from Wen! I waited for them for 5 weeks! At last I'm happy to have them!
I just needed to find the time to finish the tassel! So I did it next to my sleeping daughter! There is only one problem, she sleeps only if it's dark! So I completed it with the lamp of my iPhone! I know, I'm crazy, but I'm the kind of person, if I want to do something I find a way!
So here it is:

image.jpg

i like it, but if turned not out as I really wanted. I wanted it to be fuller if you understand what I mean. I still need a bail, because the one I ordered is a little bit small. I'm going to put it together tomorrow and take some neckshots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 30
Back