My 100" rope!

theseventhsphinx

Was definitely inspired by doubledouble's recent post on 18 ways to wear 100" rope. (So awesome, linked here)

IMG_5726-2.jpg

http://www.theseventhsphinx.com/fashion/features/lady-lightning/http://www.theseventhsphinx.com/fashion/features/lady-lightning/

This is knotted in a psuedo bow. 6.5-7mm, from PP.

100" is actually a tiny bit too long for my taste, I'm thinking about breaking it up into a 70" and a 30", but it's great for drama. I really want to do some looks with an open back and the pearls draped down the spine...

Last edited:
Wow, they are glowing and beaming! I love the way you tied them. :)

A really fun look! The versatile pearl rope is a great addition to your jewelry wardrobe! Just curious, do you just dress up and take photos, or actually go out for lunch or coffee this way?

Sometimes I go out, and sometimes, with more editorial looks, it's just about dressing up for the photo. I ran errands in this.

Well...a few appreciative looks, and many...LOOKS ('what is she wearing!')...

Verbal compliments from strangers are pretty rare in Boston, I find. A culture thing, maybe. What is to be said, I suppose? 100" of excellent pearls really speak for themselves.

haha! you'd be mobbed if you set foot outside the house with those pearls here in texas...."ooooh where'd you get THOSE!?" "LOVE YOUR PEARLS, GIRL!" "are those REAL?!" etc.

culture differences, indeed!

wow, what a beautiful strand, do you find them to be heavy by the end of the day? i've never worn anything near that length and am intrigued. :)

wow, what a beautiful strand, do you find them to be heavy by the end of the day? i've never worn anything near that length and am intrigued. :)

Thanks, funky_pearl! They are somewhat heavy, though I don't find them difficult over a long period (as opposed to some of my jawbreaker semi-precious necklaces, much shorter but in that 15-20+mm range, and much harder on the neck). My neck doesn't have any issues, though, and I know something like this wouldn't work for my sister, whose neck is much more likely to complain about things.

I think this strand could be quite a bit shorter before it would 'seem' like a lot less pearls, though. A 60" strand is still formidable, for example, gives that sense of abundance, without the added weight.

You should try some on :D

thanks for getting back to me about the weight of them, i think i do need to go try some longer strands on and see whats most comfortable! i love layering and they look so neat knotted on you like that! :)

I made myself a 70" rope with 5mm pearls and a 35" with smaller pearls interspaced with 5 mm pearls. I used the same claps for them. So they can be combined how I like, including a 100" rope if I wanted.

What I ended up wearing the most is the 70" four times around my neck and the 35" four times around my wrist - a good thing I didn't go for the 100" :) It looks so cool with the long ropes but I guess it's just not for me. Not at the moment, anyway.

- Karin

The rope looks really lovely on you! I'm so inspired to make a 100" rope one of these days.

The pearls are beaautiful and that bracelet TDF great styling too.

Back