More Fiji Pearls

Just lining up the keshi two by two next to my Fiji bracelet.

My designer says she has some ideas for the keshi as well. I'm not quite ready to stop playing with them myself and let her play with them.

20170915_194059.jpg

Love it, Red :) Isn't it amazing how you can see "pairs" once you look for them? Have fun!

Playtime! I would have a hard time parting with them, too. You have paired them quite nicely. Can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks, Cathy, jeg, and Katbran. They did pair surprisingly well, even given that these were the "leftovers". :eek: I love the gold-blue-silver, and the blue-white, and the chocolate-whites (Justin Hunter's "chocolate kisses"). Not to mention the golden-white and the big plump whites.

These keshi seem to be larger and bumpier than those in the Gellner Fiji Rain collection. Actually, lovelier, in my humble opinion.

I agree with your assessment, Red! The "Rain" keshi seem more uniform, rice oval shapes, and less multi-colors on one pearl to me as well.

Red, you have a stunning collection of Fijians! And what a wondeful idea to create a necklace with two bracelets! Bravo!!

I received a nice surprise- PP was able to complete my Fiji bracelet and it is in the mail! It should be here tomorrow and I will take some pix when it arrives, but in the meantime, here is the photo Erin sent me.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Red, your bracelet is gorgeous, and can't wait to see what becomes of your amazing fiji keshis!!! One can never get enough Fiji pearls (well, most pearls!) the kaleidoscope of colors are so hard to resist!

Jeg, I'm so happy to have been a very small part of your gorgeous new bracelet! Please post a pic wearing it on your wrist with your first Fiji bracelet!

Here's a pic of Jeg choosing pearls and happily arranging her bracelet last week! On my board, I've placed a few chosen pearls to coordinate with my originals. I'm still not sure what I'll do...but I have enough for a necklace, or more connecting bracelets., and a few keshis. I've worked in Fiji keshis with the Tahitian keshi strand in the foreground, but it won't be ready for pick up until next week. Also, that's my GSS harvest strand that I said I wouldn't buy...famous last words... NO MORE PEARLS FOR ME UNTIL BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5346.jpg
    IMG_5346.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 42
lmgarden, is that amber and aqua with the baroque pearls in the foreground? very pretty!

jeg, I look forward to seeing your new treasures in person :)

Thank you, Marianne! Yes that's a necklace I've been working on consisting of antique amber beads, large Chinese keshis, Chinese reborns and Aqua beads. I've changed it since then, but might switch it back. I'll post once finished.

Thank you, Pearl Dreams. This was taken on my lap on a sunny day while sitting under a tree at the lake.

View attachment 55090

And, another under a tree shot. The pearl in question is on the bracelet on the right, towards the bottom of the photo.

View attachment 55091

I need to figure out some lighting that allows the blue pearls to show at their best.

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh......huuuummmm.....I want....

I received a nice surprise- PP was able to complete my Fiji bracelet and it is in the mail! It should be here tomorrow and I will take some pix when it arrives, but in the meantime, here is the photo Erin sent me.

View attachment 55274

Ooohhhhhh uughhhhh I want them as well...so.how do you able to get these from PP if they dont even put it on their website?? I mean..how do you know that its even exist n that you can purchase it??

Such delightful treasures!!! I can't believe you got almost perfect pairings from your keshi, Red. Can't wait to see what your jeweler does with them. And Jeg, the bracelet is lovely! Look at that luster!!! LMGarden, I'm anxious to see what you do with all the pearls, too!

Yay, the bracelet arrived and I think it's even prettier all put together. lmgarden, you weren't just a little, you were a BIG part of helping me with this!

Thank you, Pearl Dreams, Marianne and Amti!

Asurazzy, you can try contacting them about what you are interested in. They have ongoing wishlists for people. I have to say this would've been difficult for me to do without flying in to see the pearls in person, though, since it required choosing individual pearls. It might take a lot of back and forth communication.

Here it is:
FullSizeRender.jpg

With my J. Hunter bracelet purchased in Fiji (the one with the toggle clasp)
FullSizeRender.jpg

All three Fiji bracelets
FullSizeRender.jpg

;) oh how funny Imgarden those are famous last words. I know because I have said them many times myself. Good luck! BTW post lots of pictures of all your projects.

jg - beautiful bracelet/bracelets !! I love your new one and I'm a big fan of the brown/silver/cream not sure what colour..but it's beautiful and so different !!

Red - I saw quite a few of the small long thin Keshi made into necklaces - they were pretty but I don't think as effective as the lumpy ones or even a combo of the two .

Back